Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ejfigueroa1978

Re: Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

Post by ejfigueroa1978 »

when I play the movie the chapters are all mixed up. I never had a problem with this type of backup in the past.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Welcome to the twisted world of Lionsgate, the disk publisher, and "choosing the wrong play list out of the hundreds of wrong ones on the disk."
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ejfigueroa1978

Post by ejfigueroa1978 »

could you please walk me through the process if setting up the folders etc. Also you can email me aswell.
ejfigueroa1978

Post by ejfigueroa1978 »

I backup the disc and play on my PC. But the chapters all jump around. There is no end credits as the movie ends with a scene. Annoying. I've never had an issue with any lions gate movie like this before.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Personally, avoid anything sold by Lionsgate, so the best I can do is point you to topics:

What is the correct play list [insert title here]?

There are a number of tutorials on how to find the correct title if software cannot find it, some old, some newer. Some people specialize in finding the correct title, and post messages about which play list to use, just like the one you're conversing in now.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ejfigueroa1978

Post by ejfigueroa1978 »

Has anyone by chance have the same configuration set up or files I can look at to match up the set-up to work for the back up? I don't know if the files go in the same folder or what? I usually left the file backup to MKV and it put it all in one folder. I don't know what/who/where to put or look for these files. I've received feedback, but it's moot if I don't know what I'm looking for.
djwilso

Post by djwilso »

The quickest way I know of is to use AnyDVD HD and look on the Status page. It has never failed to show the correct mpls. It showed 298 for my Netflix disc and that agrees with previous comments in this thread.

Of course, AnyDVD HD is not free, but it is reliable in my experience and takes less than 30 seconds to give me the information I need to use with MakeMKV.
Luv2Ski

Post by Luv2Ski »

Just out of curiosity, are you guys integrating your MakeMKV app with Java? I had the same difficulty finding the right playlist in the Lionsgate needle-in-the-haystack game. Once I downloaded Java for my Mac OS X laptop, MakeMKV was able to use it to flag the feature track. I sure wish MakeMKV had a feature where you could do a bulk untick of all the titles. It's much easier to select the few real ones than deselect all the junk.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Luv2Ski wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:31 am
I sure wish MakeMKV had a feature where you could do a bulk untick of all the titles. It's much easier to select the few real ones than deselect all the junk.
Right-click on the Title list > 'Unselect all'.
mike_mgoblue

Post by mike_mgoblue »

I rented from Netflix and I was disappointed that 261 was not an option that was available. So, I simply selected the "Main Feature" from Java. I ripped the movie, because I did not have time to watch it at the time. Unfortunately, when I went to watch the movie a couple weeks later, it was very obvious that "Main Feature" was NOT the correct version.

In particular, this was very clear during the scene with the drive-in. Things clearly happened out of order. The kids were told to leave after they had already left. Another spot was when the girl was on her bed. She was reading from the book. Then, it showed the scene that was out of place where she pulled the book out to read it. So, after about a half hour I decided to stop watching the movie.

I then rented from another place. This time 261 was available as an option. I ripped that version. I wanted to see if 261 was correct. I simultaneously watched the TV that played the Blu-ray, and I also watched the ripped file on my laptop. I confirmed 261 with the following segment information is correct.

However, 261 was NOT the "Main Feature" in Java. So, there is no doubt Java messed this movie up. Java claimed that 298 was the "Main Feature." I watched 298 and confirmed that 298 also messes up when the girl is lying on her bed and starts reading the book. Instead of showing her reading the book, 298 switches to the scenes where the boy is walking in the corn.

As I said, 261 is correct with the following information:

Title information
Name: Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark
Source file name: 00261.mpls
Duration: 1:47:57
Chapters count: 16
Size: 31.7 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 507,510,511,504,503,515,506,508,501,513,514,502,512,509,505