Batman Beyond - The Complete Series

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Pablo00l

Batman Beyond - The Complete Series

Post by Pablo00l »

I want to start this by saying I am a complete novice with MakeMKV and how all of this works. I always just pressed a button and things worked on countless Blu Rays including Batman The Animated Series. I am running version 1.14.5 of MakeMKV and even uninstalled and reinstalled MakeMKV as an initial troubleshooting step. But yesterday I get in the new Batman Beyond Remastered Collection and start to rip it. I was using an ASUS BC-12B1ST drive and there were zero issues with the first disc but when I put the second disc I got an error that said something about AASC. As I put in other discs to see if it was a disc specific issue my drive stopped spinning when a disc was inserted even though Windows and MakeMKV still see the drive but they don't recognize a disc being present. I say all this because I don't know if this is an issue with the AASC protection that I first saw on the second disc. I went out and bought an LG USB drive thinking maybe the issue was just a bad drive. When I put in the second disc I got a similar error but thought that it was so weird that the first disc worked but not the rest. So I put in the first disc that I already ripped and I get the same error. I never got a chance to retry the first disc on the ASUS drive as it failed before I could so I don't if this issue a disc drive difference. I tried with every disc on the set including the Return of the Joker movie disc included with the boxed set. The LG drive came with PowerDVD so I installed it just to rule out bad discs and PowerDVD plays the discs back fine. I included a screenshot of what MakeMKV spat out when I tried the Return of the Joker disc but all other discs have the same error. I don't know if there is something I need to do to the new LG drive to make it work with MakeMKV or if there is an issue with these sets of discs in particular. Like I said previously I would appreciate help but my I would appreciate it if any help I get could be simplified or accompanied with instructions on how to do things because I read other threads on here and I have trouble following what people are saying.
Thank You.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (141.6 KiB) Viewed 16228 times
Grauhaar

Re: Batman Beyond - The Complete Series

Post by Grauhaar »

Sure that this is a Blu-ray and not a UHD? Do you have a debug log? This can be activated in the MakeMKV settings.

From the image we can see that the "SDF downloading is disabled or failed". There is a other very long thread in this forum about "SDF downloading".
Good Luck :)

Post by Pablo00l »

Grauhaar wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:16 am
Sure that this is a Blu-ray and not a UHD? Do you have a debug log? This can be activated in the MakeMKV settings.

From the image we can see that the "SDF downloading is disabled or failed". There is a other very long thread in this forum about "SDF downloading".
Yes it is Blu-Ray not UHD. I’ll try to get a screenshot of the debug log. Is the SDF downloading something that could be causing this? This is something new that I don’t remember popping up before and I don’t really mess with the settings at all so I have no idea how to disable it.
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

"Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely host certificate is revoked by your drive"

Is the disc AACS version higher than 70?

Edit: You should allow MakeMKV to make internet updates which will install sdf.bin for libredrive. Read "What is Libredrive?" in the Libredrive topic to see if your drive is capable.
iliveinabox05

Post by iliveinabox05 »

Hi there. It looks like you're having the same issue I, and a lot of others, were having.

First look at your preferences (wrench icon) and make sure you have the box checked to allow MakeMKV to access the internet.

If that is already checked, take a look at my post here. MakeMKV may be having trouble resolving the correct ip address when trying to download the sdf file. A fix may be just to change your DNS server to either Google or OpenDns (assuming you have access to your router and can make those changes).

Others have had success downloading the sdf.bin file and placing it in the data directory (you should be able to locate the data directory in your preferences), and then restarting MakeMKV. You should be able to find a link to the sdf.bin file in this thread.
Pablo00l

Post by Pablo00l »

jinx100 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:08 pm
"Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely host certificate is revoked by your drive"

Edit: You should allow MakeMKV to make internet updates which will install sdf.bin for libredrive. Read "What is Libredrive?" in the Libredrive topic to see if your drive is capable.
Can you point in the direction of allowing internet updates like I said I am pretty inexperienced with all this.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Pablo00l wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:25 pm
Can you point in the direction of allowing internet updates like I said I am pretty inexperienced with all this.
My understanding is, as long as you use only Blu-rays, you don't need Libredrive support (a other dynamic Firmware for the Optical drive) and you can ignore the SDF error. If Libredrive is not implemented, MakeMKV itself can access up to AACS Level v70 the Blu-ray.

So it is still important that you provide the Debug log for your problem.

Post by jinx100 »

Pablo: Iliveinabox told you how to enable internet updates.

Grauhaar: MakeMKV says his drives are likely revoked (see his photo) - probably from trying a disc with AACS above 70. Libredrive mode will ignore the revoked status and allow MakeMKV to work again.
Pablo00l

Post by Pablo00l »

jinx100 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:08 pm

The AACS is 72 so I believe that is the source of my issues. I found the thread you are talking about and my drive is under the supported category but unfortunately I don't know how to enable it or what to do so that my drive works in Libredrive mode. Is the higher AACS something MakeMKV will eventually update for so that Libredrive is not needed? Because if it is I am tempted to just wait for the update rather than try to figure Libredrive out, unless someone has a very stupid proof guide to make it work. I am including another screenshot showing the AACS and also the debug log as someone else mentioned that they wanted to see it. I really appreciate your help.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (212.83 KiB) Viewed 16007 times
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

Pablo00l wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:31 am
Is the higher AACS something MakeMKV will eventually update for so that Libredrive is not needed? Because if it is I am tempted to just wait for the update rather than try to figure Libredrive out
Yes, but you should pass the created AACS Dump to support@makemkv.com that someone can takd a look in it to add the support. Bit if I remeber right, Mike wrotes in one thread that AACS 72 is also supported. My drive reports AACS 71 as the highest one processed. It looks like that the dics updates the Key table in the drive to block MakeMKV from processing any disc from now on. So must wait if MakeMKV is working with a new key or enable the Libredrive support which bypasses the revoke.

MakeMKV should create a message if a higher AACS version is detected, this includes also a link which should be clicked to pass some information.
Last edited by Grauhaar on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by jinx100 »

The AACS is 72 so I believe that is the source of my issues.
I'm slow today!

That AACS version 72 has added more revoked host keys to your drives including the one MakeMKV 1.14.5 is currently using. Maybe the next version of MakeMKV will use a new host key or not. Also, there is no schedule for future releases. From the 1.14.4 release notes: "Added support for AACS v70 (for those poor souls without LibreDrive)."

Adding LibreDrive capability is a two step process. One, get sdf.bin into your MakeMKV data directory. Two, install compatible firmware on one of your drives.

Getting sdf.bin is likely just a matter of allowing MakeMKV to connect to the internet in its options as iliveinabox described. This will also update some BR and UHD disc codes. If this scares you, sdf.bin is usually found at https://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin to download manually but then it will not be updated. Next find your data folder and place it there.

Changing the drive firmware can be scary. You will have less problems changing the firmware on your internal drive than the USB drive. The installer has a folder icon you click to select which firmware to install. The details are covered in the LibreDrive topic. There are several contributors who will sell a drive already LibreDrive and UHD enabled if you wish.
Last edited by jinx100 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

jinx100 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:34 am
in its options as iliveinabox described
Could you please explain this a little bit more? A search in the forum and internet give me no valid matches.

Post by jinx100 »

iliveinabox wrote:
First look at your preferences (wrench icon) and make sure you have the box checked to allow MakeMKV to access the internet.
I am away and cannot confirm this exact lamguage. In searching the forum some refer to an option for MakeMKV to connect to the server.
Pablo00l

Post by Pablo00l »

jinx100 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:34 am
The AACS is 72 so I believe that is the source of my issues.
I'm slow today!

That AACS version 72 has added more revoked host keys to your drives including the one MakeMKV 1.14.5 is currently using. Maybe the next version of MakeMKV will use a new host key or not. Also, there is no schedule for future releases. From the 1.14.4 release notes: "Added support for AACS v70 (for those poor souls without LibreDrive)."

Adding LibreDrive capability is a two step process. One, get sdf.bin into your MakeMKV data directory. Two, install compatible firmware on one of your drives.

Getting sdf.bin is likely just a matter of allowing MakeMKV to connect to the internet in its options as iliveinabox described. This will also update some BR and UHD disc codes. If this scares you, sdf.bin is usually found at https://www.makemkv.com/svq/sdf.bin to download manually but then it will not be updated. Next find your data folder and place it there.

Changing the drive firmware can be scary. You will have less problems changing the firmware on your internal drive than the USB drive. The installer has a folder icon you click to select which firmware to install. The details are covered in the LibreDrive topic. There are several contributors who will sell a drive already LibreDrive and UHD enabled if you wish.
I checked the option for MakeMKV to connect to the internet but the same error about sdf not updating popped up. So I downloaded it manually. I downloaded the installer on the LibreDrive topic and the firmware associated with my drive but it gives me an error when I select the firmware and try to update so I'm stuck on hoping an update to MakeMKV comes soon.
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

I understand.

It looks like there are two versions of your Asus drive and the MK firmware is for the _b version.

There are few firmware updaters on this forum. I think MartyMcNuts (?) requires dot net version 4. Mike links to another in his "UltraHaxor Guide" which goes to a Polish(?) forum. When you click to download you get a warning you are leaving the forum and you click okay to reach a fileshare site where you can finally download the updater file plus a few firmware data files you do not need.

The sdf.bin should show if your drives are LibreDrive capable. If you want to try again there are plenty of people to help in the LibreDrive or UHD drive sections.