Ripped Blu-ray Has Blind Compatibility On

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
iconoclastxvii

Ripped Blu-ray Has Blind Compatibility On

Post by iconoclastxvii »

I have been able to rip my DVD's with no problem, but when I try to rip a Blu-Ray,it will be in another language, or have director commentary on, or the latest has some sort of blind compatibility mode on (it has voice over describing what is going on in the scene). I can't figure out how to rip it without this, or is this some setting on the program playing the video back?

These are the settings I was trying:
worldsend.jpg
worldsend.jpg (72.5 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
Woodstock

Re: Ripped Blu-ray Has Blind Compatibility On

Post by Woodstock »

Descriptive Audio is a separate track from the normal movie audio. Unfortunately, sometimes it gets selected as the default track.

This topic will help you with selecting other tracks as needed. I have MakeMKV select EVERYTHING, then sort it out later.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
MartyMcNuts

Re: Ripped Blu-ray Has Blind Compatibility On

Post by MartyMcNuts »

iconoclastxvii wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:41 pm
I have been able to rip my DVD's with no problem, but when I try to rip a Blu-Ray,it will be in another language, or have director commentary on, or the latest has some sort of blind compatibility mode on (it has voice over describing what is going on in the scene). I can't figure out how to rip it without this, or is this some setting on the program playing the video back?

These are the settings I was trying:
worldsend.jpg
Do you need DD stereo at all? The main track for that movie would be the first one (DTS-HDMA). If your playback device cannot play DTS-HDMA, you can select the 'core' DTS surround track instead by checking the "DTS Surround 5.1 English" checkbox.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com