Redbox Frozen 2 won't work

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
SkyPork

Redbox Frozen 2 won't work

Post by SkyPork »

Hi guys, bear with me, I'm a n00b.

I'm familiar with the protection issue where you get a "playlist" of several hundred possible tracks, but this is different. Reading the tracks took almost half an hour, and when it was done, the list of completed tasks showed lots of tracks, again, but this time they each returned an error. The only track that appeared ready to rip was a tiny 2-gig thing, maybe 20 minutes long. I don't know what it is; I didn't rip it, since obviously it wasn't the right one.

Any suggestions?
Woodstock

Re: Redbox Frozen 2 won't work

Post by Woodstock »

Frozen 2 should only have 2 or 3 movie play lists, numbered 00800, 00801, and 00802 (if present). There will be a lot of extras, but the MOVIE disk should those two or three at the top.

The "long time to read" is consistent with the drive having trouble reading the disk, which is not unexpected of rental disks in general. Cleaning will help that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SkyPork

Post by SkyPork »

Woodstock wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:23 pm
Frozen 2 should only have 2 or 3 movie play lists, numbered 00800, 00801, and 00802 (if present). There will be a lot of extras, but the MOVIE disk should those two or three at the top.

The "long time to read" is consistent with the drive having trouble reading the disk, which is not unexpected of rental disks in general. Cleaning will help that.
Yeah, it didn't. I suspect one of those extras was the only thing to actually successfully show up in the list of found video files.

I should have specified: the drive works fine and fast with other disks. This is the first to behave this way. It's not a dirt issue. The drive is, however, pretty old.

I did manage to find the playlist thing, and I thought it was odd that it jumped from the 300s straight to the 900s. No 800s showed up at all! :?
SkyPork

Post by SkyPork »

........ oh my god. :|

I am the daftest of idiots. Only a complete moron would completely forget to check if the disk itself was filthy and smudged before seeking help on the internet.

Disk was dirty. It's working fine now. There were 6 identical tracks; I'm assuming #800 was the right playlist.

Please forgive me, and feel free to use your best insults on me below. I've earned it.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Reality isn't all it's cracked up to be, is it? We assume that these services clean their disks periodically, but they don't. In fact, it isn't unusual to get the wrong disk. When I rented from Netflix, I received disks that had chunks missing from them that were NOT in the mailer...

So, no insults from me! Glad you got it worked out.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging