Knives Out - Scene Out of Order

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
djsciman

Knives Out - Scene Out of Order

Post by djsciman »

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting to the forums and I wanted to see if anyone else has come across this issue. I've been trying to rip the FPL_MainFeature title (t00) of the Knives Out BluRay and do not receive any errors during the process. However, when I playback the file, at the 6 min 30 second mark, the playback skips to a later scene in the movie. This later scene plays for a few minutes, then reverts back to the original scene, but later in the time stamp. The misplaced footage reoccurs at it's intended place later in the film.

I also tried 2 of the other 'duplicate' titles (t22 and t23). t22 had the same issue, but t23 had resolved the original issue, but then had other misplaced scenes. My Pioneer BD-RW (BDR-XD05) disc drive is running the latest driver and I'm using MakeMKV v1.15.0 (x64), but I had the same issue on v1.14.7 (and maybe even on earlier versions).

Has anyone else come across something like this before?
Grauhaar

Re: Knives Out - Scene Out of Order

Post by Grauhaar »

There is already a thread about this title: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21495
Good Luck :)

Post by jinx100 »

Welcome to playlist obfuscation. MakeMKV with Java runtime will select the correct "Main Feature" more than half the time but does fail on some movies.

As Grauhaar suggests, it is wise to search the Blu-ray discs section with your movie title. Several members regularly post the correct .mpls playlist number they have verified using process monitor and Blu-ray playing software.
djsciman

Post by djsciman »

Thanks jinx100 and Grauhaar! New to the forums and had seen the term "playlist obfuscation" before, but wasn't connecting the dots. I'll dig back through the posts to educate myself further.

Thanks again!