Audio issues

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Drmpatch

Audio issues

Post by Drmpatch »

Good afternoon!

I've ripped close to 200ish blu rays & dvds. I'm having issues with Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows part 1 and 2. I can't seem to get audio off of either of them. Can someone please let me know what I may be doing wrong or if there is some sort of solution for this? Its the last 2 blurays to finish the collection.

Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: Audio issues

Post by Woodstock »

Having ripped these disks, with audio, some questions:

How do you know there is no audio? Some players cannot handle more modern audio codecs like DTS-HD MA without help, so they "have no audio", even though it is in the file. Using a player like VLC can allow you to confirm this.

Sometimes people select a "preferred language" in MakeMKV, and that causes it to stop automatically ripping any track NOT tagged as that language. This topic will tell you how to check what tracks are selected, and what MakeMKV will do with them.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Drmpatch

Re: Audio issues

Post by Drmpatch »

All fixed, I found out the default "Movies & TV" windows app wouldn't pull the audio files properly from the file. VLC had no problem and when I used handbrake to reformat it and compress it worked perfectly. No issues!