PowerDVD Error code 01003 - 2080Ti with latest drivers | also dark playback of bdmv folder

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
SubOptimal

PowerDVD Error code 01003 - 2080Ti with latest drivers | also dark playback of bdmv folder

Post by SubOptimal »

EDIT: Okay, so more researching tells me that playing the disc directly is going to require an integrated Intel GPU. I guess that idea is out. *slow clap* for all the big wigs that came up with this excellent idea.

I posted this on the Cyberlink forums, but also posting here because that place seems like a bit of a ghost town.

I bought and downloaded PowerDVD 20 Ultra today (which I'm currently regretting). Getting this error code (01003 - your gpu can't play blu ray discs. update your driver to the latest.) trying to play the BumbleBee 4K Blu Ray. I have a 2080 Ti and I just installed the latest drivers today.

I ripped the complete disc (thanks MakeMKV!) to a bdmv folder, but the image is so dark using PowerDVD it's unwatchable. See the comparison to VLC here: https://imgur.com/a/hHg7s3V I'm on a non-HDR monitor and I said "disable HDR" when the prompt came up. (sorry, had to picture with my phone because of copy protection nonsense not allowing screenshots)

I am unable to change the brightness in the video settings because it's grayed out.

In summary:
  • I have the latest GPU with the latest drivers. Why am I getting this error? **nevermind on this one I guess**
    Why is the picture so dark for 4K bdmv folder playback on a non-HDR monitor?
Any help is greatly appreciated. I bought PowerDVD on a recommendation, but if I can't use it (or can only use it in limited circumstances), then I'd like to explore other options.