Trouble converting BDMV files

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tgundo2003

Trouble converting BDMV files

Post by tgundo2003 »

I just finally got around to rebuilding my media server, planning on running Plex as many of my connected devices have a plex app.

I have a bunch of Blu-ray rips in BDMV on the hard drive from back in my jRiver days. Obviously Plex doesn't recognize them.

I'm trying to use makemkv to convert, but the file output sizes end up being 3X plus the original BDMV folder.

What am I doing wrong that is causing this to happen? It appears when I open the index file in makemkv it selects all the titles, and some discs have a ton. Should I not be doing that and only picking one?

Thanks!
dcoke22

Re: Trouble converting BDMV files

Post by dcoke22 »

Try just picking the 1 title that is the movie.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

tgundo2003 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:26 pm
I just finally got around to rebuilding my media server, planning on running Plex as many of my connected devices have a plex app.

I have a bunch of Blu-ray rips in BDMV on the hard drive from back in my jRiver days. Obviously Plex doesn't recognize them.

I'm trying to use makemkv to convert, but the file output sizes end up being 3X plus the original BDMV folder.

What am I doing wrong that is causing this to happen? It appears when I open the index file in makemkv it selects all the titles, and some discs have a ton. Should I not be doing that and only picking one?

Thanks!
only select the main title not all the listed ones
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
tgundo2003

Post by tgundo2003 »

Got it. Obviously the main title will be the biggest file, correct?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That... may not be the case. If the disk is distributed by Lionsgate or one of its affiliated companies, it almost certainly is NOT the case. If it's a disk with "director's cut" and other variations, maybe not.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
tgundo2003

Post by tgundo2003 »

Woodstock wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:48 am
That... may not be the case. If the disk is distributed by Lionsgate or one of its affiliated companies, it almost certainly is NOT the case. If it's a disk with "director's cut" and other variations, maybe not.
Ok, then what is the best way to determine the correct one?

Sorry for the newbie questions....
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ericloewe

Post by Ericloewe »

tgundo2003 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks!
I solved all my issues by purchasing easefab's losslesscopy. The program supports ripping Blu-ray/DVD yet BDMV folder to lossless MKV which is simliar to makemkv but it can also create normall MP4, MKV with good quality-size tradeoff. Easy to use, it works for me since a few days (very busy!) and I detected no errors up to now.