Star Trek TOS Season 1

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
WildCat

Star Trek TOS Season 1

Post by WildCat »

Hi, I'm writing to you because using your product I had problems with the first season in Bluray of Star Trek Tos, particularly with only two titles and both with the same number and wondering if anything can be done. In addition, is there any way to insert the extrapolation of pgs and vob subtitles into srt?
Last edited by preserve on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed Subject
Woodstock

Re: Feature request

Post by Woodstock »

Dual episodes on Star Trek:TOS is because there is an "as broadcast" and a "new special effects" version of every episode. You can chose the one you want, but it is simpler to rip both. I put an "a" at the end of the episode number for the new effects versions.

MakeMKV does not do optical character recognition (OCR) on subtitles, but there are other tools you can use for that.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

If you've extracted your PGS subtitles, one tool you can use is https://subtitletools.com

There are undoubtedly others as well.
WildCat

Post by WildCat »

Woodstock wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:40 pm
Dual episodes on Star Trek:TOS is because there is an "as broadcast" and a "new special effects" version of every episode. You can chose the one you want, but it is simpler to rip both. I put an "a" at the end of the episode number for the new effects versions.

MakeMKV does not do optical character recognition (OCR) on subtitles, but there are other tools you can use for that.
I know, but on both disc 3 and disc 4, tracks 2 (1) can't be completely extrapolated
preserve

Post by preserve »

I’m unclear what the exact issue you’re having is. I had no issues with these discs. It would help if you showed the log and described the problem you’re having in more detail.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
WildCat

Post by WildCat »

preserve wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:11 pm
I’m unclear what the exact issue you’re having is. I had no issues with these discs. It would help if you showed the log and described the problem you’re having in more detail.
How do I send the log?
WildCat

Post by WildCat »

preserve wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:11 pm
Attachments
error
error
Immagine 2020-12-21 183357.png (161.33 KiB) Viewed 17791 times
preserve

Post by preserve »

MakeMKV is having difficulty reading the disc, it's encountering corrupt or invalid offsets.

The troubleshooting in this thread may be of some help: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15055
WildCat

Re: Star Trek TOS Season 1

Post by WildCat »

possibility of not being able to extract mkv files from full bluray online (folders) Star Trek Tos, mainly hdd use powered by usb. So I ask, if you can integrate a slower reading mode to avoid the presence of errors that might otherwise be present during normal speed? Alternatively, do you advise me to get an hdd with wall power?
preserve

Post by preserve »

WildCat wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:10 am
possibility of not being able to extract mkv files from full bluray online (folders) Star Trek Tos
Are you ripping from discs, or from a folder backup of the discs? If you're ripping from a folder backup of the discs, did you make that backup yourself using MakeMKV from the original discs? If you didn't, it's possible there is an issue with the folder backup.
WildCat wrote:
mainly hdd use powered by usb ... presence of errors that might otherwise be present during normal speed? ... do you advise me to get an hdd with wall power?
As mentioned above, MakeMKV is having trouble reading the file due to corrupt or invalid offset. It doesn't seem like an issue with read speed or the fact that the drive is USB powered.
WildCat

Post by WildCat »

preserve wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:17 am
WildCat wrote:
possibility of not being able to extract mkv files from full bluray online (folders) Star Trek Tos
Are you ripping from discs, or from a folder backup of the discs? If you're ripping from a folder backup of the discs, did you make that backup yourself using MakeMKV from the original discs? If you didn't, it's possible there is an issue with the folder backup.
WildCat wrote:
mainly hdd use powered by usb ... presence of errors that might otherwise be present during normal speed? ... do you advise me to get an hdd with wall power?
As mentioned above, MakeMKV is having trouble reading the file due to corrupt or invalid offset. It doesn't seem like an issue with read speed or the fact that the drive is USB powered.
I procure them online, in some cases I solved using only mkvtoolnix but this eliminated the other views or modes es star wars introduction .... in a galaxy far away
preserve

Post by preserve »

WildCat wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 am
I procure them online
In that case, the solution to the issues you're experiencing is to purchase the original discs.
WildCat

Post by WildCat »

preserve wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:43 pm
WildCat wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:55 am
I procure them online
In that case, the solution to the issues you're experiencing is to purchase the original discs.
alternatively, other programs (mkvtoolnix, dvdfab). anyway i didn't even burn bluray or bluray uhd