help needed with Resident Evil The Complete Collection US

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Mirarora

help needed with Resident Evil The Complete Collection US

Post by Mirarora »

UPC 043396506459

for Resident Evil Afterlife i cannot figure out which playlist to rip, the powerdvd/process monitor method let me down on this one, it reports playlist 00001.mpls
none of the titles makemkv lists has that one

i would submit a debug for it but my drive doesn't have libredrive
Mirarora

Re: help needed with Resident Evil The Complete Collection US

Post by Mirarora »

Mirarora wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:51 am
UPC 043396506459

for Resident Evil Afterlife i cannot figure out which playlist to rip, the powerdvd/process monitor method let me down on this one, it reports playlist 00001.mpls

i decided to use logic and hope for the best.
so 3 titles all the same length 96 minutes
1 has 16 chapters
1 has 57 chapters
1 has 0 chapters
all the other movies in the pack are within a few minutes of that length and have 16 chapters
so with this knowledge i chose the one with 16 chapters and told it to proceed
oddeyeball

Post by oddeyeball »

For titles with 100s of playlists, this is the approach I take. I do is a full decrypted back up, look in the forums to see which playlists people found and then play each of the segments from the decrypted backup to see if its the real one. If those playlists don't work with my copy or no one has found it yet, then I piece it together myself by playing each segment and then find the playlist that has the segment order I ended up with. Not the most efficient way but it works for me. I don't own that many titles that do this silly thing so I don't mind doing it this way.
Mirarora

Post by Mirarora »

coekie wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:14 am
Mirarora wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:51 am
UPC 043396506459

Have you fixed it yet?
the one i chose was the correct one
audiom3

Post by audiom3 »

I generally pick the lowest numbered mpls when all other things match up. Like reasonable number of chapters for the movie's length, correct audio tracks, subtitles, etc. I have yet to run into a problem using this methodology. I could have been super lucky thus far but I doubt it.

As OP mentioned, this one was obvious. I ripped it as well and I don't even recall seeing more than one title available as the main feature. I just look at the size of the files and the number of chapters. In this case, 16 is obviously the correct number of chapters for a movie. 57 is waaaay too many and 0 is obviously not desirable.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I haven't looked into this but as the disc menu is (usually) coded in Java, is there a way to examine that code?

Somewhere within that code there must be the name of the correct playlist file?