"The Menu" Deliberate Bad Blocks... [SOLVED]

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
hisdivineshadow

"The Menu" Deliberate Bad Blocks... [SOLVED]

Post by hisdivineshadow »

I've tried two different copies of "The Menu" (2022. My copy and a friend's and both fail to rip because of block-read errors. I've tried also, integrating both with Handbrake, since it can skip over bad blocks, but it fails to get all the options for audio (settles on the Stereo for hearing impared) and none of the subtitles. Is there a way to tell the program to rip while skipping over bad blocks like 'Fairmount' used to be able to do?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: "The Menu" Deliberate Bad Blocks... [SOLVED]

Post by Woodstock »

No, MakeMKV will always try to give a complete copy of the files. If there are errors, the copy will be rejected.

If you are tolerant of errors, then cleaning the disk to remove the errors is probably your best bet.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Radiocomms237

Re: "The Menu" Deliberate Bad Blocks... [SOLVED]

Post by Radiocomms237 »

So, I have to ask... How is this problem "[Solved]"??

I've had several instances where there were (I assume) mastering errors on a particular pressing of a disc.

I purchased three copies of "Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet (2009)" (the Australian release), all had errors, and I eventually resorted to importing the German version, which worked straight out of the box.

And I purchased three copies of "Chain Reaction (1996)" (again, the Australian release) and all had the exact same errors (at the same offsets)! Once again, I imported the US version and that worked first time.

One of the Jack Irish series on Blu-ray was the same, as I recall.

I've had similar experiences with tons of those Chinese bootleg BD-R discs as well, in fact, I only have about a 75% success rate with these and now refuse to buy them.