Predator Blu-ray BD+ dump

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
cardiffman100

Predator Blu-ray BD+ dump

Post by cardiffman100 »

Emailed Wetransfer link to BD+ dump for Predator Blu-ray to sqv@makemkv.com as the tgz file was too big to attach. I am getting the 'red screen of death' when playing back from the backup currently which I also had with the Alien Blu-ray recently (both discs from 20th Century Fox). I'm not sure if the BD+ dump will help to solve this issue but hopefully something can be done.
Radiocomms237

Re: Predator Blu-ray BD+ dump

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Just to be clear, are we talking about a Blu-ray (eg. 1080px) or an UltraHD disc?
cardiffman100

Post by cardiffman100 »

Blu-ray. I've read on another thread there is no solution yet to the red screen of death problem.
Dlk25

Post by Dlk25 »

Does the red screen only happen on these BD+ titles from backups when you have decrypted the files?

If you just make a backup from makemkv without decrypting that should basically look the same as playing back the disc. Wondering if that resolves?

I guess for these titles makemkv is applying the FUT to fix the files with the intention that you then make an mkv file or playback on a software player but you are playing back on a BDMA licensed player. Preusmably the BD+ code comes along and sees that the fixes have already been applied and thats why you get the red screen?

I see from another post that you are playing these backups on your magnetar player. Given that you are playing them back on a player that should be able to decrypt the files anyway (and you have the version that allows BDMV playback) I wonder if leaving the files encrypted might resolve this? This would also leave the BD+ processing to be done on the player.

Obviously that wont work if you want to make an mkv or playback on some device that cant decrypt them but your magnetar can…

I mainly do decrypted BDMV backups although always 4k when i can however i have done a few BD+ backups where there was a FUT to process recently. I never tested them so i guess they maybe wont work (will try tonight). Will also try leaving them encrypted…