New BD+ - X-men 1st class, StarWars saga set

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
eNoize

Re: New BD+ - X-men 1st class, StarWars saga set

Post by eNoize »

Well, I tried, but not 100% successful. I've only tried on X-Men: FC, not holding out on SW until I can figure a workaround with the first problem.

AnyDVD running in the background for decryption and then standard MakeMKV procedures. Ripped normally and works fine, except subtitles don't appear on screen when they should. For example, at the beginning when young Erik meets Dr. Schmidt for the time. The conversation should have subtitles and there are none.

Second time using AnyDVD, this time doing the program's direct rip onto hard disk, and then having MakeMKV make the MKV from those files. Still, I end up with the same problem -- no subtitles whenever characters speak in another language.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

Same problem with X-Men: FC. I tried EVERY option and none worked. I had to find subs online and remux in order for them to work.
robpdotcom

Post by robpdotcom »

Are the subtitles there? Use Mediainfo to find out. That would be my first step.
Reiter

Post by Reiter »

Yeah, they're there. And they work in seemingly random parts of the movie. It'll show subs for one sentence of Shaw talking and then nothing else in that scene. Then 15 minutes later, they'll reappear and work for a conversation and then disappear again. It's the weirdest thing. And this isn't just a single sub selection, all 3 I tried did the same thing and not in the same spots. I actually even thought that maybe the movie from the disc uses all of the sub streams at the same time but haven't had time to test to see if each stream fills in the missing parts from the other streams.
drewpost

Post by drewpost »

Help! How is your progress coming along? I've sent in my dumps last week and was hoping that I'd be able to rip soon :-)
argonaut

Post by argonaut »

I used AnyDVD HD version 6.8.6.0 underneath MakeMKV without issue. I believe this is the only version of AnyDVD that is capable of dealing with this new DRM. The forced subtitles are on track 7. Use something like mkvmerge to put them back in if they are missing. The subtitles in that track are marked forced but the track contains only the forced subtitles. I had no issues with the subtitle tracks. I always select all the English subtitle tracks. As has been discussed many times, HandBrake is unable to handle BD subtitles and you need to take an extra step to to re-add them to your re-encoded file. A simple search of this forum will result in more discussion on that topic.
cleverr1

Post by cleverr1 »

Hi,
So has anyone yet compiled a list of all the required subtitle streams needed to get only the translations?

So far I've got track 2 for "a new hope" and track 6 for "return of the jedi"

Cheers.
discoteca

Post by discoteca »

cleverr1 wrote:Hi,
So has anyone yet compiled a list of all the required subtitle streams needed to get only the translations?

So far I've got track 2 for "a new hope" and track 6 for "return of the jedi"

Cheers.
It would be nice to have a complete list for all the films, maybe with screenshots to make sure the right subtitle tracks get selected. :)
MrTeagan

Post by MrTeagan »

I agree, a list somewhere for all titles, not just these, would be helpful.

Any word on the updated files to rip this yet with MakeMKV?
Director
captain

Post by captain »

Dammit! I just got the Star Wars BD set and I can't watch it! The blu-ray in the PS3 died, and MakeMKV can't seem to rip these for play via NAS yet. :-(

Anyone want to stream them to me? :-D

Can I submit logs or something to be helpful in getting MakeMKV StarWars-ready?
sha_2012

Post by sha_2012 »

captain wrote:Dammit! I just got the Star Wars BD set and I can't watch it! The blu-ray in the PS3 died, and MakeMKV can't seem to rip these for play via NAS yet. :-(

Anyone want to stream them to me? :-D

Can I submit logs or something to be helpful in getting MakeMKV StarWars-ready?
AnyDVD HD has a free 3-week trial. You can use it in conjunction with MakeMKV for now if you can't wait for the update.
sha_2012

Post by sha_2012 »

argonaut wrote:I used AnyDVD HD version 6.8.6.0 underneath MakeMKV without issue. I believe this is the only version of AnyDVD that is capable of dealing with this new DRM. The forced subtitles are on track 7. Use something like mkvmerge to put them back in if they are missing. The subtitles in that track are marked forced but the track contains only the forced subtitles. I had no issues with the subtitle tracks. I always select all the English subtitle tracks. As has been discussed many times, HandBrake is unable to handle BD subtitles and you need to take an extra step to to re-add them to your re-encoded file. A simple search of this forum will result in more discussion on that topic.
What do you mean by track 2 and track 6? The second and/or sixth 'english' subtitles that appear for the title?

So far for me it's the very LAST English subtitles listed for The Phantom Menace. Very bottom of the list, regular subtitles selected, forced unselected.
Phredd

Post by Phredd »

Can we please try to keep this thread on topic? There's a lot of talk about subtitles, just because they're associated with Star Wars and X-Men. And I think AnyDVD has already been mentioned enough so that if anyone wants to use it, they know about it.

But this thread is about the New BD+ and those of us watching the thread have to keep coming back to find yet another unrelated post. If you want to discuss subtitles, please start a new thread.

Thanks!
herbcheck

Post by herbcheck »

I have having difficulty forcing subtitles in the seances of foreign languages on XMEN. I used DVD Fab and extracted the entire Bluray to an ISO. Then I use make MKV to extract the audio and video. I select both english force only subtitles and nada. Any luck?
HatoriHanso

Post by HatoriHanso »

Phredd wrote:Can we please try to keep this thread on topic? There's a lot of talk about subtitles, just because they're associated with Star Wars and X-Men. And I think AnyDVD has already been mentioned enough so that if anyone wants to use it, they know about it.

Thanks!
not that easy. there is no anydvd for mac users. any ideas?