Error reading Captain America BD (Can't read AACS VID)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jhodgesatmb

Error reading Captain America BD (Can't read AACS VID)

Post by jhodgesatmb »

My preferences have 'Always create BD+ dumps' checked but nothing is being created for this disk.

The error in the console says: "Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive.

I have seen this error in other forum posts and generally the response is that a new svq is needed. Of course, the disk was just delivered so maybe I am jumping the gun but it seems I should be able to create a dump like I did when X-Men First Class came out, but not this time.
setarip_old

Re: Error reading Captain America BD (Can't read AACS VID)

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

"Captain America" does NOT contain BD+...

reebok

Post by reebok »

mine ripped fine. 1.6.15.
fr0z3ng33k

Post by fr0z3ng33k »

jhodgesatmb wrote:My preferences have 'Always create BD+ dumps' checked but nothing is being created for this disk.

The error in the console says: "Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive.

I have seen this error in other forum posts and generally the response is that a new svq is needed. Of course, the disk was just delivered so maybe I am jumping the gun but it seems I should be able to create a dump like I did when X-Men First Class came out, but not this time.
It works if you register your MakeMKV ver (1.6.15) with this key:
T-LyW5B7qmbGataV5eGd_dWVklURVn0gV8o572y_cyhaZrANmfAlWh4MbYlxKfInkVCS
jhodgesatmb

Post by jhodgesatmb »

Thanks for the responses. I have a registered copy of MkMKV so I doubt that is the problem. I have a call into LaCie about the drive. I just put in a BD that I encoded a long time ago and got the same error, so I bet the problem happened when I upgraded to OSX Lion last week. I wonder if anyone else has experienced a problem like this.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I have a call into LaCie about the drive. I just put in a BD that I encoded a long time ago and got the same error

Then your drive may be at fault, either failing or dirty.

Try run a cleaning disc on the drive. Maxell makes one that sells for about $10US...