Problems with The Terminator (with error log)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ABTsportsline

Problems with The Terminator (with error log)

Post by ABTsportsline »

I am using a Mac Mini and have the OWC external Blu-ray drive. I've successfully ripped several Blu-rays so far, but for some reason the original Terminator will not copy. It reads the disc, allows me to select which tracks I want, then it will copy the disk to my drive. At the end of the copy, however, I will get this error and it will say "1 titles copied, 0 titles saved"
Saving 1 titles into directory /Users/MacMiniHTPC/Desktop/convert
Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00017.m2ts' at offset '13212186624'
Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00017.m2ts' at offset '13212186624'
Failed to save title 2 to file /Users/MacMiniHTPC/Desktop/convert/title02.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Saving 1 titles into directory /Users/MacMiniHTPC/Desktop/convert
Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00017.m2ts' at offset '13202159616'
Error 'Posix error - Input/output error' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00017.m2ts' at offset '13202159616'
Failed to save title 2 to file /Users/MacMiniHTPC/Desktop/convert/title02.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
That was on two attempts. Something to do with an i/o error at a specific stream? Does anyone know what that means and how to remedy this?

Thanks!
mike admin

Re: Problems with The Terminator (with error log)

Post by mike admin »

This looks like a bad disc or drive. Unless you install DASPI driver, MakeMKV can't get any better error code from OS.
NutFlush920

Re: Problems with The Terminator (with error log)

Post by NutFlush920 »

Worked fine on my Terminator collection. Have all 4 movies. US version without subtitles and Englsh as the audio language.