Life Disc 1-3 error

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
squirrelman10

Life Disc 1-3 error

Post by squirrelman10 »

So i ripped Life the BBC series only Disc 1-3 so far and when i played it in VLC 2.0.1 it was all messed up disc 3 was so far however when i played it in windows media player with 007 shark codecs it played fine with some pixelation issues just wondering if i didnt rip it correctly or did it scrambled ?
BlackDragon24

Re: Life Disc 1-3 error

Post by BlackDragon24 »

squirrelman10 wrote:So i ripped Life the BBC series only Disc 1-3 so far and when i played it in VLC 2.0.1 it was all messed up disc 3 was so far however when i played it in windows media player with 007 shark codecs it played fine with some pixelation issues just wondering if i didnt rip it correctly or did it scrambled ?
I'm pretty sure it is 1080i VC1 content, which means VLC player will not play it at all.
squirrelman10

Post by squirrelman10 »

aw that stinks but whats still weird is that it has tiny glitches in windows media player i wonder if the admin of makemkv can see if he can fix it with a patch for next time
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

squirrelman10 wrote:aw that stinks but whats still weird is that it has tiny glitches in windows media player i wonder if the admin of makemkv can see if he can fix it with a patch for next time
Makemkv will only take the video stream and copy it, undedited, into the mkv file. So it won't be fixed by Mike.

If you are using the shark007 codecs there is an option in the SWAP tab for VC1 interlaced support, but I have never tried using it.