Total Recall 2012 Fails to read either disk

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jhodgesatmb

Total Recall 2012 Fails to read either disk

Post by jhodgesatmb »

I just received the 2012 version of Total Recall (Amazon). I threw each of the disks into my LaCie blu ray drive and neither could be read. There is a link in MakeMKV now that asks to report the error when there is a new encoding problem, so I selected it. I am hoping/guessing that the log was sent, but the web page isn't crystal clear that that is what happened. Anyway, neither the theatrical nor the extended cut disk was readable. I look forward to a patch. Thanks,

Jack
mike admin

Re: Total Recall 2012 Fails to read either disk

Post by mike admin »

Please do the following - send the file called MKB_RO.inf from this disc to support@makemkv.com . This file is inside AACS directory and is exactly 1 MB in size.
jhodgesatmb

Post by jhodgesatmb »

In searching my file system (OS X 10.8.2) I cannot find either an AACS directory or a file named MKB_RO.inf. I'll keep looking but perhaps a full path would be helpful? There doesn't appear to be a folder/directory for MakeMKV in the Library/ApplicationSupport directory, so I am wondering where MakeMKV writes out dump files.

JBH
jhodgesatmb

Post by jhodgesatmb »

I see. You meant to say that the .inf file is in the AACS directory 'on' the Total Recall disk. You didn't say that it had to be zipped when I sent it. There is one for each disk that failed. I sent both, zipped, in the same email.

JBH
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

By the way, the Blu-ray version's case indicates that the disc contains Cinavia audio watermarking protection...
jhodgesatmb

Post by jhodgesatmb »

I 'thought' that I had version 1.7.9, but it turns out that I actually had 1.7.7. Updating to 1.7.9 resolved my problem as well. Case closed.
megrog2

Post by megrog2 »

So are you guys able to make mkvs with audio? Mine do not have audio and they seem to be fast forwarding every few seconds. I am using version 1.7.9.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@megrog2

Hi!

This title contains Verance/"CINAVIA" audio watermark protection. When you play your backup, does it display a message about "CINAVIA" (perhaps 20 minutes into the playback? If so, it means that the player you are using is equipped with the ability to identify non-commercial discs (backup copies) and then proceed to foul up the playback...

If your player is NOT subject to Verance/"CINAVIA" recognition and if your source material is a commercial Blu-ray disc, I'd speculate that you've selected the wrong .MPLS playlist - or you inadvertently DEselected ALL audiostreams...

sdvidiot

Post by sdvidiot »

I've got the same problem as megrog2. I'm using the last version of Makemkv (registered). The conversion goes smoothly with the HD audio checked, but when I try to playback the movie in MPC, it has no sound and plays at a fast forward rate.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@sdvidiot

Hi!

Does your player have the capability of playing HD audio?