Homeland Season 2

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
iseeisee

Homeland Season 2

Post by iseeisee »

I seemed to be able to convert disc 1 successfully, but on playback there are considerable artifacts constantly -- stretching, blurring, distortion.

It played back fine though the ol' player (*after* yet another cumbersome update -- actually everything to do with playing physical discs is cumbersome which is why I got MakeMKV.)

I updated MakeMKV to the latest of course.

Is this just some new protection technique so I just need to wait for an MVK update? Anything I can do to speed up that update?
Woodstock

Re: Homeland Season 2

Post by Woodstock »

Was the source a bluray, or DVD? (can't take for granted that it's a BD, just because you posted here... :) )

There are certain CODECs found on BDs that a lot of players cannot decode.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ArieS

Post by ArieS »

Have the same issue.
ArieS

Post by ArieS »

This is what I get:
MakeMKV v1.8.4 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded 262 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq
Saved BD+ dump file as C:\Users\ArieS/.MakeMKV/dump_Homeland__Season_2_Disc_1_60200CCA527A1D1D.tgz
BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, errors may follow
Title #00720.mpls has length of 17 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped

As iseeisee has said, I can copy the BD but the playback has a lot of artifacts.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

ArieS wrote:Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Saved BD+ dump file as C:\Users\ArieS/.MakeMKV/dump_Homeland__Season_2_Disc_1_60200CCA527A1D1D.tgz
Have you forwarded the TGZ file to svq@makemkv.com yet? Once Mike can analyze it, a new SVQ file can be created to deal with the BD+.
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

Same problem here. The disk rips but there are lots of artifacts on playback. Playback of original disc in a BD player does not exhibit the artifact problem.

I expect that this is some new protection scheme, hopefully can be worked around.

As a test I'm going to re-rip on my Windows virtual machine and see if after the disc is decrypted by Any-DVD there is still a problem.
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

I decrypted the disk to an ISO with AnyDVD-HD and then ripped it with MakeMKV and it's working fine, so definitely an encryption issue with whatever security is being used.

If I get a chance in a bit I will go ahead and dump the needed data and report it as a disc problem.
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

Code: Select all

Optical drive "BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BD-RE UH10LS20 1.00" opened in DASPI v1.3 mode.
Loaded 243 SVQ file(s)
Saved BD+ dump file as /Users/Jason/.MakeMKV/dump_Homeland__Season_2_Disc_1_94201C7B497D264C.tgz
I grabbed the tgz file but none of my five email accounts can handle a 50+ MB attachment, so I can't send it.
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

voip-ninja wrote:

Code: Select all

Optical drive "BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BD-RE UH10LS20 1.00" opened in DASPI v1.3 mode.
Loaded 243 SVQ file(s)
Saved BD+ dump file as /Users/Jason/.MakeMKV/dump_Homeland__Season_2_Disc_1_94201C7B497D264C.tgz
I grabbed the tgz file but none of my five email accounts can handle a 50+ MB attachment, so I can't send it.
Use something like Yousendit (now Hightail) https://www.hightail.com/
ArieS

Post by ArieS »

Woodstock wrote:
ArieS wrote:Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Have you forwarded the TGZ file to svq@makemkv.com yet? Once Mike can analyze it, a new SVQ file can be created to deal with the BD+.
I did, yes.
ArieS

Post by ArieS »

voip-ninja wrote:I decrypted the disk to an ISO with AnyDVD-HD and then ripped it with MakeMKV and it's working fine, so definitely an encryption issue with whatever security is being used.

If I get a chance in a bit I will go ahead and dump the needed data and report it as a disc problem.
I did that and it worked as well. Thanks for the workaround voip-ninja!
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

Any DVD is usually very fast to update and tends to be my backup method if MakeMKV can't handle a disc. I do love MakeMKV enough to have registered it though (sure beats the piss out of Clown-BD).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Yes, the size of emails can be an issue... There are alternative methods for getting the file to Mike, though.

If you don't have your own server to host it (it's a nice luxury), there are services like Dropbox and similar where you can upload the file, then send the link to Mike at svq@makemkv.com for review.
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

Woodstock wrote:Yes, the size of emails can be an issue... There are alternative methods for getting the file to Mike, though.

If you don't have your own server to host it (it's a nice luxury), there are services like Dropbox and similar where you can upload the file, then send the link to Mike at svq@makemkv.com for review.
Good point I had not thought of that. Sounds like someone else sent it to him already.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

SVQ updated, but we only got dump for disc1.