World War Z / After Earth / Homeland

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
zeroepoch

Re: World War Z / After Earth / Homeland

Post by zeroepoch »

zeroepoch wrote:I'm having the exact same problem. Fedora 18, FFMPEG 2.1 built from Fedora 20 SRPM, MakeMKV 1.8.6. It says the latest version seen is v43 and looking at .MakeMKV it's due to After Earth. I've also inserted World War Z in addition to After Earth into a desktop Linux machine with no other BD software installed. I was able to dump both of those movies fine using 1.8.5. Now I'm trying to dump Iron Man 3, which is v31 and it's giving the dreaded invalid key error. Good to know it may work in Windows so I'll give that a try as a workaround until the real problem is found.
Ok, I tried in Windows 7 64-bit with MakeMKV 1.8.6 (same version) and it works. As reported by RusDavies this seems to only affect Linux. Any further debug logs we should collect to help debug this problem?
RusDavies

Post by RusDavies »

zeroepoch, just to clarify:

Was it a different OS and the same drive?

Or a different OS and a different drive?
zeroepoch

Post by zeroepoch »

RusDavies wrote:zeroepoch, just to clarify:

Was it a different OS and the same drive?

Or a different OS and a different drive?
Same exact machine. This is a self-built desktop machine with an LG BD drive that dual boots Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and Fedora 18 x86_64. It works in Windows and not Linux with the same version of MakeMKV. My suspicion is that the key was only updated in Windows builds and not the non-OSS binaries for Linux.
RusDavies

Post by RusDavies »

Is it a coincidernce that we both have LG drives too?
zeroepoch

Post by zeroepoch »

RusDavies wrote:Is it a coincidernce that we both have LG drives too?

Maybe? Not knowing what the problem was at first I went looking for drive firmware updates but found none.
RusDavies

Post by RusDavies »

if you return to Fedora, does it still fail?

it may be worth noting that I'm on Fedora 19.
zeroepoch

Post by zeroepoch »

I was late last night so I didn't try it again in Fedora. I just setup a handbrake encode job and left it running for the night. I did a diff of the code in 1.8.5 and 1.8.6 makemkvcon and they do differ quite a bit so it's not just a stale binary. Another thing I might try is using the 32-bit version of makemkvcon once I get home after work in addition to what you mentioned.
zeroepoch

Post by zeroepoch »

It's still happening with 1.8.7. I think there is an issue with the Linux builds. I see from the changelog the AACS version is updated, but I'm still getting:

Code: Select all

Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive