X-Men: Days of Future Past

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Peer.Gynt

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Post by Peer.Gynt »

Disk uses AACS v46, BD+ v2014.8

Message appears that no FUTs were found which could result in errors.

And so it does. The created MKV is playable with VLC but shows permanent errors.

Any solution?

The debug part:

Code: Select all

001005:0000 MakeMKV v1.8.13 win(x64-release) gestartet
001003:0020 DEBUG: Code 0 at ^eF:&sEO#}eU\&yP i:29399979
003332:0000 BD+ Ausgabedatei als C:\Users\markus/.MakeMKV/dump_X-Men_Zukunft_ist_Vergangenheit_255A2AF95D6555A1.tgz gesichert
003327:0404 BD+ Code wurde bearbeitet, aber es wurden keine FUTs erstellt. Dies kann zu Fehlern f?hren 
DISCID=255A2AF95D6555A166BEA1A1F2E5CD57BBB23089
Woodstock

Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Post by Woodstock »

Was there a link to submit the file C:\Users\markus/.MakeMKV/dump_X-Men_Zukunft_ist_Vergangenheit_255A2AF95D6555A1.tgz to the MakeMKV support address, so Mike can analyze it? If not, you should send it to support@makemkv.com at your earliest opportunity.

Once Mike has a chance to look at it, an SVQ file for that disk will be created, and, if you haven't disabled it, MakeMKV will be able to download it as needed. You would just need to try doing the rip every few days, and it would eventually succeed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Peer.Gynt

Post by Peer.Gynt »

Thanks for your reply, Woodstock!

No, there wasn't a direkt link shown so I sent the TGZ-dump-file manually to Mike.

I haven't disabled any download, the "Allow contacting the web server for updates" checkbox is still checked.

Hopefully it will be added soon. Post will be updated.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

It is a new BD+ update, the last one was more that a year ago. Work is in process, SVQ should be available shortly.
Peer.Gynt

Post by Peer.Gynt »

Thanks, Mike!

The version BD+ v2014.8 looked like beeing a new one.
The highest Version I found before was BD+ v2014.2 on "The secret life of Walter Mitty"

Thanks for yout great work!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

SVQ updated.
Peer.Gynt

Post by Peer.Gynt »

Works great!

Just saved the desired tracks and checked the MKV-file with VLC.

Thanks a lot to Mike! Image
t_thyme

Post by t_thyme »

Hi, I am having the same issues with Days of Future Past. I have the latest version of MakeMKV installed, the 'enable web updates' checked, and I downloaded the SVQ file from this link: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=612 (though it says that it is unable to process this file). I also get the 'no FUTs' message when opening the disc.

When I rip the Blu-Ray the special features mkv files are all fine, no issues, but the file with the film itself has image disruption and pixelation all the way through it (not just at chapter breaks or anything like that).

Not sure what's going on, I've never had issues with MakeMKV before! I'm guessing that I don't actually have the disc-specific SVQ file as it said it was using a built-in SVQ - how would I be able to get it?

Code: Select all

MakeMKV v1.8.13 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
SVQ in C:\Users\xxxx/.MakeMKV/dsall.svq can't be processed by this version, please download latest program version from http://www.makemkv.com/
Loaded 141 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq
DEBUG: Code 0 at ^eF:&sEO#}eU\&yP i:29399979
derwisch

Post by derwisch »

i must contradict, it doesn't work properly. it is possible to rip, but with many errors/warnings and not really correct. video stream contain image errors and audio/video duration is different, result is an increasing asynchronous sound to the end. tried to save a log, but this slow down the ripping as hell ... i wished, i could change the destination of the log file to my RAM-drive ... this would speed up the process enormously.
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

derwisch wrote:i must contradict, it doesn't work properly. it is possible to rip, but with many errors/warnings and not really correct. video stream contain image errors and audio/video duration is different, result is an increasing asynchronous sound to the end. tried to save a log, but this slow down the ripping as hell ... i wished, i could change the destination of the log file to my RAM-drive ... this would speed up the process enormously.
Just because you are having issues does not mean the other person is wrong (and hence apparently lying) about it working properly. Saying you are still having issues would more appropriate and accurate. It also worked 100% correctly for me with absolutely no errors and no issues with any aspect of playback. Turning on logging also had absolutely no impact on ripping speed, which is expected as the log is always running when you open and save a title, the only difference is that it saves it as a plain text file. It is most likely going slowly for you simply due to the issues you are having in reading the disc.

Aside from the specifics the log will reveal for the moderators, if you have installed the latest version of MakeMKV then the next issue is the disc itself having fingerprints, scratches, etc that need to be thoroughly cleaned. Another possible issue is drive and then other software that may be running though ripping another disc, and seeing if it goes well or not, would likely highlight if one of these latter two things are the culprit.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Disk uses AACS v39, BD+ v2014.8

"BD+ code processed but no FUTs were obtained, errors may follow"

The created MKV is playable with VLC but shows permanent errors.

Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq

Other new release blu-rays work fine.

Any clues why the SVQ works for some but not others?
Thalyn

Post by Thalyn »

The reason it doesn't work is because it's not the same disc. It's the same movie, yes, and it's probably even the same basic data - but it's been mastered differently. Best guess is they're different regions, and judging by yours being AACS v39 you've probably got the same Region B release as I do.

Note that the OP's is AACS v46. If nothing else that should be enough to let you know the two discs aren't identical.

I've already submitted the appropriate files to the svq@makemkv.com e-mail address for both 2D and 3D versions of that release, so it should only be a matter of time before it gets fixed as well.
BrionS

Post by BrionS »

The first time I put my BD in I got the error about the missing FUTs. After reading this thread I restarted MakeMKV (it had been running for a few days) and it loaded the disc without error. I have not yet tried ripping it so I'll report back that success or failure later. Not quite sure which title to rip since 00800.mpls and 00801.mpls (titles 0 and 1 respectively) seem to be of equal size except 00800.mpls has more audio and subtitle tracks. I think I'll try title 1 (00801.mpls) first.
PaulCB

Post by PaulCB »

BrionS wrote:The first time I put my BD in I got the error about the missing FUTs. After reading this thread I restarted MakeMKV (it had been running for a few days) and it loaded the disc without error. I have not yet tried ripping it so I'll report back that success or failure later. Not quite sure which title to rip since 00800.mpls and 00801.mpls (titles 0 and 1 respectively) seem to be of equal size except 00800.mpls has more audio and subtitle tracks. I think I'll try title 1 (00801.mpls) first.
I did 800 as if you want English, it is more often than not the first title. Also, if I recall correctly, they both pointed at the exact same segment # (only one) so I don't know why there was any difference in the audio & subtitles listed.
derwisch

Post by derwisch »

PaulCB wrote:Turning on logging also had absolutely no impact on ripping speed, which is expected as the log is always running when you open and save a title, the only difference is that it saves it as a plain text file. It is most likely going slowly for you simply due to the issues you are having in reading the disc.
you are wrong, the logging slow down the ripping because every read-error/warning will be written immediately and cause disk read/write on the log file. the more warnings/errors you have, the slower is the ripping. i have ripped the disk several times without logging and is was fast as always. with logging enabled the speed slow down as hell ... because of the numerous "is corrupt or invalid at offset xxxxxxx, attempting to work around".
Aside from the specifics the log will reveal for the moderators, if you have installed the latest version of MakeMKV then the next issue is the disc itself having fingerprints, scratches, etc that need to be thoroughly cleaned.
was a brand new disk, absolutely clean, no scratches, no fingerprints ...
Another possible issue is drive and then other software that may be running though ripping another disc, and seeing if it goes well or not, would likely highlight if one of these latter two things are the culprit.
i have ripped numerous disks with the same drive, this was the first and only that MakeMKV can't rip properly. just for info, i was able to rip the disk with DVDFab 9.1.7.1 without any problems.