America

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
viper8u2

America

Post by viper8u2 »

Hi Folks

I purchased my Blu-ray of "America - Imagine the world without her" that I am trying to backup.

I get the error

Using direct disc access mode
This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting /...
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I am on the latest version of MakeMKV 1.8.14

Anyone see this before?

Thanks
CarlEdman

Re: America

Post by CarlEdman »

Interesting. I own the same blu-ray, but don't get that error message using MakeMKV 1.8.14 and a Pioneer BDR-209D running the 1.10 firmware.

Instead my problem is that I get dozens of playlists with the exact same size (20.8 GB), length (1:44:54), and chapter count (16). I've seen this before--it is a form of DRM with all but one of the copies of the movie being broken. In the past, I've been able to to find a hint about which is the right playlist, but no such luck this time.

Any suggestions?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Did you click on the link in the log to upload the information to Mike about the AACS key?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
viper8u2

Post by viper8u2 »

yup, did it twice

Thanks
CarlEdman

Post by CarlEdman »

For what it is worth, playlist 00666.mpls (title 103 in MakeMKV for me) with segments listed as 506, 511, 507, 513, 504, 502, 510, 505, 509, 515, 501, 508, 512, 503, 514, seems to be alright.
renman

Post by renman »

CarlEdman wrote:playlist 00666.mpls - title 103
That doesn't work. The movie plays out-of-order. Anyone have any luck?
CarlEdman

Post by CarlEdman »

renman wrote:
CarlEdman wrote:playlist 00666.mpls - title 103
That doesn't work. The movie plays out-of-order. Anyone have any luck?
We'll, I checked my backup against my Blu-ray running on a PS4 at all 16 chapter breaks and it matched. It is possible that you have a different printing.
renman

Post by renman »

CarlEdman wrote:We'll, I checked my backup against my Blu-ray running on a PS4 at all 16 chapter breaks and it matched. It is possible that you have a different printing.
That could be... thanks for checking.
glassetcher

Post by glassetcher »

Anyone find the right playlist for a Netflix version? Playlist 00666.mpls - title 103 plays out of order.
xbmcuser

Post by xbmcuser »

Source file name: 00529.mpls
Segment map: 506,511,507,513,504,502,505,510,509,508,515,501,512,503,514
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Hi all. Running latest version of MakeMKV for Mac (1.9.2) with latest keys to make a backup of disk purchases, from which i make m4v copies for AppleTV. But I'm also having the problem discussed here with the disc (America: Imagine the world without her). Using a LG BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BE14NU40 1.00d for my rips.

Getting a full screen restricted copy message and scrambled directories beginning at about minute 6 of the backup file. Similar problem to the one i experienced with MockingJay and Fury (got the restricted copy message at minute 8 but the rip plays fine after about a minute).

I'm surprised the keys aren't already in the library as the disc has been out for some time. I've used this program for other rips and had no problem, but a few disks usually with this kind of protection are causing problems.

Anybody solve this problem? Appreciate any help that any of you can offer. Thanks!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

SteveO wrote:Getting a full screen restricted copy message and scrambled directories beginning at about minute 6 of the backup file. Similar problem to the one i experienced with MockingJay and Fury (got the restricted copy message at minute 8 but the rip plays fine after about a minute).
I don't remember EVER seeing a message about "Restricted copy" in MakeMKV. Do you have debug logging turned on, and can you post the log where this appeared?

There can be SCSI errors where the operating is preventing communications, but those would generally prevent the backup from being considered "successful", due to failed consistency checks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Thanks Woodstock for the reply. I didn't expect to get a response so quickly - or at all.

I am posting the log herewith in the hope it helps. As for the message I received, it wasn't from MakeMKV but a standard copy infraction message from the movie's producer - i've seen it on a few other of my backups. I deleted the backup as it wasn't any good so i can't tell you exactly what it said.

I made several attempts at creating the archival backup but all of them had the same problem. I can't be sure, but i think this lessens the possibility that something is wrong with the LG blu-ray drive or the drive/Mac connection during the creation of the backup.

The chapters are also scrambled - at least some of them. Same thing i experienced with the backups of John Wick and the Mockingjay movie.

Could this be some form of BD+?

Oh well. Anyway, i appreciate the reply and the help. Very kind of you...