Video errors converting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
horkonpon

Video errors converting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Post by horkonpon »

Hi,

I have many video problems converting the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Blu-Ray disc like this:

or this other:

When I start the backup of the disc, it appears another window in the screen with this text:

"Se procesó el código BD+ pero no se obtuvieron FUTs. Probablemente ocurrirán errores"

And this is the text that appears in the main window of the MakeMKV program:

"MakeMKV v1.9.0 darwin(x86-release) comenzado
Abierta la unidad óptica "DVD+R-DL HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH41N PQ06" en modo DASPI v1.5.
Abierta la unidad óptica "BD-ROM Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S4 1.Va" en modo DASPI v1.5.
Haciendo backup del disco en la carpeta "/Volumes/Películas/backup/Dawn of the Planet of the Apes B"
Cargado(s) 70 archivo(s) SVQ
Error 'Error de Posix - Resource temporarily unavailable' occurred while creating '/Users/MacPro 1/.MakeMKV/dump_Dawn_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes_AEEB75D3ADA2B764.tgz'
Procesado código BD+. Por favor espere, esto puede llevar varios minutos
Procesando código BD+ usando el SVQ genérico de builtin/00000.svq"

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Alberto
Woodstock

Re: Video errors converting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV can't figure out the BD+ encoding on that disk, and, when it attempts to create the file that Mike needs to fix that, it gets a permissions issue in the directory it is trying to write it to.

Once you figure out the permissions problem so that the file can be created, you would forward that to svq@makemkv.com for Mike to process. He can create a new SVQ file which MakeMKV will download as needed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
horkonpon

Post by horkonpon »

Hi,

I have send the message yet. I have attached the log file and the files with CLPI and MPLS extension of the Blu-Ray disc.

Thanks for your help
Have a nice weekend
Alberto
Denver Steveo

Post by Denver Steveo »

I am seeing the same error/messages when trying to download the Blu-ray 3D disc of DOTPOTA. Do you still need logs, or has Mike been able to add this to his "to-do" list?

Thanks!

Steve
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

When dealing with BD+ issues, Mike has said that the more examples he has, the better the SVQ correction file can be, so it can't hurt to send it in. This is just the .tgz file that was generated when the "no FUT" message is displayed; it's path and name should be in the log.
kikkoman

Post by kikkoman »

I have the same issues with the DOTPOTA 3D blu-ray. I will try again later this evening and send the .tgz file to Mike unless the issue has been fixed by then with the updated svq file.
Peer.Gynt

Post by Peer.Gynt »

After sending the requested dump-files to the MakeMKV support (aka Mike) I was today able to create a MKV without errors from the german Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D disk.
(in german it is called "Planet der Affen - Revolution")

Thanks! Great work!
makememe

Post by makememe »

Peer, what do you mean? Were you sent something after submitting the dump? I submitted the dump, but have yet got a response. I am confused how this works, so some guidance would be appreciated. I gather Mike needs some dumps to update the app for the latest movies, but it seems some are ripping the bd+ disks prior. Did I misread?

Is it simpler to use anydvd for the bd+ disks?

Thanks.

UPDATE: sorry for the post. I do not grant permission to most apps to communicate to the internet, so makemkv could not download latest files. Fixed. Thank you Mike.
Peer.Gynt

Post by Peer.Gynt »

Here's what happend:

I did have the same picture errors with the 3D-BluRay using BD+ 2014.9
The 2D-BluRay was converted without any errors.

So I sent the dump file to Mike.

Short time later he asked me to try again and to send him the created dump file (which was now much smaller).

2 days later the 3D-BD was successfully converted.

In fact MakeMKV needs internet access to get these updates.
makememe

Post by makememe »

Thank you, Peer. Yes, I used to remember to permit the app to connect prior, but this time I took a deep dive into the abyss. Thankfully I surfaced Just in time to look the idiot.
ferrocene

Post by ferrocene »

Sorry, I have the same problem and I dont' understand what the fix is. Is Mike sending each person an individual file?

I'm using the linux version, is it still going to download updates? I suppose it's not, because, well, it's still broken. I'm using 1.9.0.

I can't send the tgz file, it is too large for my mail server (9mb).

EDIT: I downloaded a SVQ manually as posted here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=612 and restarted makeMKV. It turned my registered version into shareware, I lost lall my settings and the ability to specify a file name. But, it seems to have ripped successfully. I will delete that file and hopefully my settings and registered version will return.

EDIT 2: Ok it ripped great. The revertion of settings was because of deleting the wrong files in the data directory. I tried again after re-registereing and using the downloaded svq file, and I can rip it as a registered user.

So the remaining question now is, can the linux client download that file automatically?

EDIT 3: So maybe I had "download updates automatically" turned off. So this whole thing may be a case of " i'm an idiot". Carry on.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Don't think of it as being an idiot - there are serious security concerns with allowing access to the internet by random programs, as we all know. Turning off automatic updates is a prudent precaution... So long as you REMEMBER you turned them off, so you can enable them when/if there is an issue.

I'm trying to get a company-wide policy to disable automatic Windows updates.... because of the support problems it causes when Microsoft has an "oops" like last month. :roll:
ferrocene

Post by ferrocene »

Woodstock wrote:Don't think of it as being an idiot - there are serious security concerns with allowing access to the internet by random programs, as we all know. Turning off automatic updates is a prudent precaution... So long as you REMEMBER you turned them off, so you can enable them when/if there is an issue.

I'm trying to get a company-wide policy to disable automatic Windows updates.... because of the support problems it causes when Microsoft has an "oops" like last month. :roll:
Yeah, I had forgotten that option even existed and was turned off. Lesson learned. I used to have a WSUS staging server to test updates before pushing out. Haven't been in the Windows admin world in a while though. MSSCCM was my fav acronym.
ogmiii

Re: Video errors converting The Verdict

Post by ogmiii »

I am using MMKV1.9.3 and had the following result. As an aside I have used MMKV for several years and it has been great. I read this post and got most of it. I noted that Mike could use more results to refine the process and would be happy to send the necessary files if someone can direct me to the file location on a Max using OS X 10.10.3 and where to send the log?

MakeMKV v1.9.3 darwin(x86-release) started
Optical drive "DVD+R-DL HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH41N PQ06d" opened in OS access mode.
Optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE BE12LU38 1.00d" opened in OS access mode.
Backing up disc into folder "/Users/Wade1/Movies/backup/The Verdict"
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Loaded 35 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq
BD+ code processed, got 1 FUT(s) for 1 clip(s)
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Error 'Posix error - Resource temporarily unavailable' occurred while creating '/Users/Wade1/Movies/backup/The Verdict/BDMV/JAR/01001.jar'
Backup failed