Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nivick
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 am

Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by nivick » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:08 am

Can I have assistance please on the possible playlists for Wild Card released 2015

Kind Regards,

Nivick

Woodstock
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by Woodstock » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:43 pm

If you are running Windows, you can use Google to search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube", to find video instructions on how to find the proper file for the version of the disk that YOU have.

Many of these disks that have the hundreds of titles have a different correct title, depending upon where you bought the disk. That is, the Amazon version will be different Target's, Best Buy's, or where ever.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

nivick
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by nivick » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Cheers for the update.

I will follow your instructions.

dark_slayer
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:23 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by dark_slayer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:32 am

Would anyone helpful reply with the mpls that worked for them, thanks

nivick
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:03 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by nivick » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:03 pm

I can start this on off hopefully with 507 for the disc I have...

bradleyc
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:16 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by bradleyc » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:18 am

Is there any way to do this on a Mac? I have the programs "Blu-Ray Player" from Macgo, as well VLC, although I haven't been successful with either of these.

goingbust
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:49 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by goingbust » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:48 am

Woodstock wrote:If you are running Windows, you can use Google to search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube", to find video instructions on how to find the proper file for the version of the disk that YOU have.

Many of these disks that have the hundreds of titles have a different correct title, depending upon where you bought the disk. That is, the Amazon version will be different Target's, Best Buy's, or where ever.
Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D

NEO Dan
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by NEO Dan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:22 am

Name: WILD CARD
Source file name: 00507.mpls
Duration: 1:32:20
Chapters count: 16
Size: 16.3 GB
Segment count: 21
Segment map: 513,514,519,505,515,517,520,518,512,79,506,516,501,508,510,507,503,502,511,509,504
File name: WILD_CARD_t157.mkv

The two forced subtitles for the English language are empty...

Woodstock
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by Woodstock » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:36 am

goingbust wrote:Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D
The video I watched did not require AnyDVD, just "something" that can play BD disks directly, and PowerDVD is probably the most popular. Free versions of that come with most retail packaged BD drives. I don't use it because it installs drivers that interfere with MakeMKV.

I know the METHOD works, because I used it to troubleshoot an issue with some other video.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

bradleyc
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:16 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by bradleyc » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:48 am

I just did it the old fashioned way (watched 30 minutes on my TV and then doubled checked each title until I found the right one) and, for me, it was the first title.

Name: WILD CARD
Source file name: 00006.mpls
Duration: 1:32:20
Chapters count: 16
Size: 16.3 GB
Segment count: 21
Segment map: 513,514,519,505,517,520,515,518,512,516,506,501,510,79,508,507,511,503,502,509,504
File name: WILD_CARD_t00.mkv

Hopefully this helps someone else out. Take care.

dark_slayer
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:23 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by dark_slayer » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:25 am

NEO Dan wrote:Name: WILD CARD
Source file name: 00507.mpls
Duration: 1:32:20
Chapters count: 16
Size: 16.3 GB
Segment count: 21
Segment map: 513,514,519,505,515,517,520,518,512,79,506,516,501,508,510,507,503,502,511,509,504
File name: WILD_CARD_t157.mkv

The two forced subtitles for the English language are empty...
nivick wrote:I can start this on off hopefully with 507 for the disc I have...
Thanks both, I must of had the same disc

dashocker
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 am

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by dashocker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Any confirmation on correct MPLS?

johng
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by johng » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Can you elaborate on what the issue is with installing PowerDVD and using MakeMKV? It seems that others on this forum have done this and haven't reported any problems???
Woodstock wrote:
goingbust wrote:Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D
The video I watched did not require AnyDVD, just "something" that can play BD disks directly, and PowerDVD is probably the most popular. Free versions of that come with most retail packaged BD drives. I don't use it because it installs drivers that interfere with MakeMKV.

I know the METHOD works, because I used it to troubleshoot an issue with some other video.

johng
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by johng » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:34 pm

This technique only requires PowerDVD and has nothing to do with AnyDVDHD.
goingbust wrote:
Woodstock wrote:If you are running Windows, you can use Google to search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube", to find video instructions on how to find the proper file for the version of the disk that YOU have.

Many of these disks that have the hundreds of titles have a different correct title, depending upon where you bought the disk. That is, the Amazon version will be different Target's, Best Buy's, or where ever.
Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D

Woodstock
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by Woodstock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Woodstock wrote:The video I watched did not require AnyDVD, just "something" that can play BD disks directly, and PowerDVD is probably the most popular. Free versions of that come with most retail packaged BD drives. I don't use it because it installs drivers that interfere with MakeMKV.
Pulled out the copy of PowerDVD 10 I have, and installed it. It's coming back out, because I now remember WHY I removed it in the first place. PowerDVD insists on setting region codes on my drives, which do not currently have them, before it will use them to play content. Not acceptable for me. Even though MakeMKV can work around the region coding, I'd rather not have it set anyway.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

Post Reply