Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nivick

Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by nivick »

Can I have assistance please on the possible playlists for Wild Card released 2015

Kind Regards,

Nivick
Woodstock

Re: Correct playlist for Wild Card (2015)

Post by Woodstock »

If you are running Windows, you can use Google to search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube", to find video instructions on how to find the proper file for the version of the disk that YOU have.

Many of these disks that have the hundreds of titles have a different correct title, depending upon where you bought the disk. That is, the Amazon version will be different Target's, Best Buy's, or where ever.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nivick

Post by nivick »

Cheers for the update.

I will follow your instructions.
dark_slayer

Post by dark_slayer »

Would anyone helpful reply with the mpls that worked for them, thanks
nivick

Post by nivick »

I can start this on off hopefully with 507 for the disc I have...
bradleyc

Post by bradleyc »

Is there any way to do this on a Mac? I have the programs "Blu-Ray Player" from Macgo, as well VLC, although I haven't been successful with either of these.
goingbust

Post by goingbust »

Woodstock wrote:If you are running Windows, you can use Google to search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube", to find video instructions on how to find the proper file for the version of the disk that YOU have.

Many of these disks that have the hundreds of titles have a different correct title, depending upon where you bought the disk. That is, the Amazon version will be different Target's, Best Buy's, or where ever.
Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D
NEO Dan

Post by NEO Dan »

Name: WILD CARD
Source file name: 00507.mpls
Duration: 1:32:20
Chapters count: 16
Size: 16.3 GB
Segment count: 21
Segment map: 513,514,519,505,515,517,520,518,512,79,506,516,501,508,510,507,503,502,511,509,504
File name: WILD_CARD_t157.mkv

The two forced subtitles for the English language are empty...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

goingbust wrote:Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D
The video I watched did not require AnyDVD, just "something" that can play BD disks directly, and PowerDVD is probably the most popular. Free versions of that come with most retail packaged BD drives. I don't use it because it installs drivers that interfere with MakeMKV.

I know the METHOD works, because I used it to troubleshoot an issue with some other video.
bradleyc

Post by bradleyc »

I just did it the old fashioned way (watched 30 minutes on my TV and then doubled checked each title until I found the right one) and, for me, it was the first title.

Name: WILD CARD
Source file name: 00006.mpls
Segment map: 513,514,519,505,517,520,515,518,512,516,506,501,510,79,508,507,511,503,502,509,504
File name: WILD_CARD_t00.mkv

Hopefully this helps someone else out. Take care.
dark_slayer

Post by dark_slayer »

NEO Dan wrote:Name: WILD CARD
Source file name: 00507.mpls
Segment map: 513,514,519,505,515,517,520,518,512,79,506,516,501,508,510,507,503,502,511,509,504
File name: WILD_CARD_t157.mkv

The two forced subtitles for the English language are empty...
nivick wrote:I can start this on off hopefully with 507 for the disc I have...
Thanks both, I must of had the same disc
dashocker

Post by dashocker »

Any confirmation on correct MPLS?
johng

Post by johng »

Can you elaborate on what the issue is with installing PowerDVD and using MakeMKV? It seems that others on this forum have done this and haven't reported any problems???
Woodstock wrote:
goingbust wrote:Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D
The video I watched did not require AnyDVD, just "something" that can play BD disks directly, and PowerDVD is probably the most popular. Free versions of that come with most retail packaged BD drives. I don't use it because it installs drivers that interfere with MakeMKV.

I know the METHOD works, because I used it to troubleshoot an issue with some other video.
johng

Post by johng »

This technique only requires PowerDVD and has nothing to do with AnyDVDHD.
goingbust wrote:
Woodstock wrote:If you are running Windows, you can use Google to search for "bluray playlist obfuscation youtube", to find video instructions on how to find the proper file for the version of the disk that YOU have.

Interesting, but it requires PowerDVD and apparently AnyDVDHD. Since when is this the forum for those products? I like his technique, it is a nice general technique, but I don't have a commercial software BD player. That's the whole reason I use MakeMKV to rip BDs, so I can play them in VLC, a non-commercial player. Is there an alternative? Maybe one of you suckers bought that software and will just tell me. :D
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Woodstock wrote:The video I watched did not require AnyDVD, just "something" that can play BD disks directly, and PowerDVD is probably the most popular. Free versions of that come with most retail packaged BD drives. I don't use it because it installs drivers that interfere with MakeMKV.
Pulled out the copy of PowerDVD 10 I have, and installed it. It's coming back out, because I now remember WHY I removed it in the first place. PowerDVD insists on setting region codes on my drives, which do not currently have them, before it will use them to play content. Not acceptable for me. Even though MakeMKV can work around the region coding, I'd rather not have it set anyway.