Evaluation Period has expired?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
kahasm

Evaluation Period has expired?

Post by kahasm »

I just ran MKV 1.9.4 for windows with zero issues. Inserted a blu-ray and got this message:

"Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application to be useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restrictions."

so MKV is no longer in beta? just wondering or just for blu-rays?

The download page and temporary registration pages do not mention that MKV is out of beta (yet)
kahasm

Re: Evaluation Period has expired?

Post by kahasm »

BTW I am now experiencing this from any Blu-ray I insert and run MKV on.
last three attempted: Guardians of the Galaxy, Lucy, John Wick.

something embedded in MKV maybe causing the error? something expired inside MKV? or MKV itself is expired. running latest version 1.9.4 for windows
Woodstock

Re: Evaluation Period has expired?

Post by Woodstock »

Beta still on, but... with the beta key (latest one found at http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 ), the "premium" features of Bluray decoding work for 30 days at a time, starting with the first time you insert a BD after the key is refreshed.

It's been so long since I used the beta key that I am NOT certain that just entering the key from the above link resets the 30 day timer, or if you have to do the install over again. I think it just needs to be refreshing the key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging