Star Wars 1-3 Blu Ray Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY...

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ptlee83

Star Wars 1-3 Blu Ray Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY...

Post by ptlee83 »

Hi!
I've been trying to back up my Star Wars 1-3 blu-rays and ran into the following errors for all three blu ray discs:
Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY:CANNOT READ MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT
Error log for the most recent try is attached. It was from a Windows 7 PC running MakeMKV 1.9.7.

I also tried from a different Windows 10 PC running MakeMKV 1.9.7 and it spat out some similar sounding errors. I can attach an error log from the other computer if that's helpful.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(105.62 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
Woodstock

Re: Star Wars 1-3 Blu Ray Error 'Scsi error - NOT READY...

Post by Woodstock »

Are you able to read other BD titles on this drive/computer? Is it an internal SATA drive, or an external USB connection?

The debug codes leading up to the error are something Mike will have to decode. I don't remember seeing this particular error show up on the forum, but I haven't seen every message here. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ptlee83

Post by ptlee83 »

I have been able to read other BD titles on both computers/drives. They are internal SATA drives.
MZAdotcom

Post by MZAdotcom »

My guess is the issue is with the latest version of MakeMKV, 1.9.7.

I had the same issue until I reverted to 1.9.6 after getting the same "SCSI Errors" which I never received before. This solution worked for me, good chance it could help you.

Check out this thread: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9686

Let me know if it works for you. Good luck!
@HTPC: Intel NUC HTPC [BOXDN2820FYKH0] | Plextor 128GB SIII SSD | G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM | Win 10 Pro | SAMSUNG 55" LED HDTV | Harman/Kardon 5.1 AV Receiver [AVR 1565] | Dolby TrueHD | DTS-MA HD | Polk Audio 5.1 Home Theater System w/10" SW