Damaged discs -Amazon

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
sgtblackice

Damaged discs -Amazon

Post by sgtblackice »

Recently more and more of the large box sets delivered via Amazon have arrived with surface damage on one or more of the discs that is preventing the disc from being fully read without errors.
Just me or is there some kind of manufacturing problem with UHD discs?
asmcom

Re: Damaged discs -Amazon

Post by asmcom »

Yes, I totally agree. I have received 4 faulty 4K discs in the last year from Amazon.

The discs looked perfect but were faulty. One of the replacements was also faulty.

I now order my 4K discs from other retailers.

Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Stryker412

Post by Stryker412 »

I've been buying UHD discs for the last 2 years or so. Only now that I have enough HDD space am I finally ripping the 4K versions. I've run into a few discs now that cannot be read or ripped via MakeMKV. The drive just stalls out trying to read them. Being as some of these are at least a year old, is there anyway for me to get replacements?
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Stryker412 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:54 pm
I've been buying UHD discs for the last 2 years or so. Only now that I have enough HDD space am I finally ripping the 4K versions. I've run into a few discs now that cannot be read or ripped via MakeMKV. The drive just stalls out trying to read them. Being as some of these are at least a year old, is there anyway for me to get replacements?
It could be any retailer. I just bought ALL the star wars movies from BB online and I am having issues ripping some of them. With Amazon returning is easy as with BB but you have to go to the store and get in line. Also with BB you have 15 days to return for replacement only so I have to rip and watch 11 movies in 15 days. I'm not sure I can do it. I already returned 2 and Return of the Jedi still won't rip to image with anydvd. I can process from disc in makemkv but end up with 7 sync errors with several audio drop outs and then a long drop out not more than 5 minutes in so I gave up. This is the error I get.
Attachments
roj error.png
roj error.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 10286 times
Stryker412

Post by Stryker412 »

Right now my issues are with Black Hawk Down and Rogue One. Have you tried slowing your drive down? I'm attempting that now.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 689#p93349
sgtblackice

Post by sgtblackice »

sorry for the delayed reply, December has been one busy month. I've been using makemkv for years and have it just on default settings. How do I slow the drive down?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22689

The post about MakeMKV speed control.