Back to the Future UHD - Retail

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Trickyd-1

Re: Back to the Future UHD - Retail

Post by Trickyd-1 »

A lot of people have had issues with this set.
Most people report that an extreme cleaning the of discs has resolved their issues.
Some people have had success turning the speed control off/down in the registry, although if you've never set this in the past it wont be causing an issue.
Some people have had success removing and re-applying the power to the drive whilst the computer is turned on and the disc loaded.
I had success trying a different firmware (WH16NS60 1.02) on my drive.
agentbanks

Post by agentbanks »

Is there any update on this? I'm still trying to rip Disk one, of the Series. and the drive still won't read the disk. I have tried 3 different disks, that I have bought from best buy.
You can see my other post in this tread, showing what happens when I put the disk in. Please let me know if there is something I can do to help get logs. but as it is. it seems the drive doesn't even recognize the disk.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Have you tried cleaning the disc? I know the disc is new probably looks clean, but there are often nearly invisible films or residue on the surface. I like the warm water & dish soap method, though other people like using isopropyl alcohol.
UHDeezNuts

Post by UHDeezNuts »

I have a WH14NS40 1.04 with MakeMKV v 1.15.3 on Windows 10. Having an issue ripping disk 1 of the Ultimate Trilogy I bought yesterday in person from Target.

The first time I tried to rip, the read rate was 0.7x or less, and the time remaining kept going up and up, I ended up cancelling at 35 hours to go.

I then cleaned the disk with a microfiber cloth dabbed with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol. After that, the read rate was ~2.5x but on three consecutive occasions it would get to about 1/4 through the rip and MakeMKV would crash with "Fatal error occured, the program will now exit". The log would be an endless list of stuff like this "The source file ‘/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts’ is corrupt or invalid at offset 31504005120, attempting to work around".

Any ideas? Should I just return it for a replacement?

I'm now attempting BTTF 2, and the read rate is 4.3X, approx 1/6 through the rip and about an hour to go. Fingers crossed. Hopefully I can at least get BTTF 2 & 3 to rip, and then maybe a replacement will fix the issue with BTTF 1.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Disc 1 was the most problematic for me, as well. Lock the drive to 2x (0=8 for speed control) and try that.
Legenista

Post by Legenista »

UHDeezNuts wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:11 pm
Any ideas? Should I just return it for a replacement?
Is this problem only affecting MAKEMKV or did you notice any freezing after 40 minutes, for example, while watching?

Because if these problems are only happening due to a MAKEMKV bug or problem reading them, then you can't return for replacement. If the answer is NO, you also notice a problem while watching all the movies, then return and ask for another copy immediately.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

I didn't want to pay full price for the trilogy (AUD$89.00) so waited for a sale. Picked it up this morning at JB Hi-Fi @ 30% off so only paid AUD$62.30!! Happy camper!

I have now just finished ripping them all. No issues at all.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Legenista

Post by Legenista »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:22 am
I didn't want to pay full price for the trilogy (AUD$89.00) so waited for a sale. Picked it up this morning at JB Hi-Fi @ 30% off so only paid AUD$62.30!! Happy camper!

So no MAKEMKV warnings at all? For any disc?

Can you post any log?

Follow this to do it: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 30#p100130
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Legenista wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:12 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:22 am

So no MAKEMKV warnings at all? For any disc?

Can you post any log?

Follow this to do it: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 30#p100130
Nope. No warnings, no errors. Each disc ripped perfectly. Didn't have to clean them either. Just popped each disc into my drive and ripped away!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com