Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Manciple

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Post by Manciple »

@Coopervid. PM received. I'm still unable to send PM's as I'm a new user, hence my reply here. I've canceled the LG order and substituted in the Pioneer. I'll be back in touch once I get it, if I can't get the flash tools available here to work on it.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Manciple wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:38 pm
@Coopervid. PM received. I'm still unable to send PM's as I'm a new user, hence my reply here. I've canceled the LG order and substituted in the Pioneer. I'll be back in touch once I get it, if I can't get the flash tools available here to work on it.
OK. Just post here when you have it.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Manciple wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:38 pm
You have another PM.
Shuffle2694

Post by Shuffle2694 »

I was lucky enough to find a BDR-2213 on the older firmware. It shows up in MakeMKV as

Drive Information
OS device name: G:
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-213M
Revision: 1.02
Serial number:
Firmware date: 2022-04-06
Bus encryption flags: 1B

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS9200
Firmware version: ID56

Am I correct that there is a UHD flasher available for this device from at least some of the sellers?
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

Need some help experts.
Received LG option 3 from Bluntsman today & tried ripping my 4k disc (The Thing).
1)Used makemkv and confirmed that audio track has 7.1 (DTS:X) and enabled everything as they are by default.
It completed sucessfully.
2)Coped the mkv file to my Zidoo player & played the file.

Issues:
1)When I clicked Play, as you see in pic, its menu says DTS:x but while playing, I checked its Audio/menu where it says only 5.2 and my yamaha receiver displays as 'DTS and then Neural:X'
I also checked its output where it says '4K 60 Hz'
2)Whereas, if I play my disc directly in my panasonic 4K player, I see 'DTS:X' in my yamaha receiver info and also video output says '4K 24 Hz'.
3)I also tried playing the mkv directly in my VLC in my laptop where it says in Audio menu 'Surround 7.1'
Pls let me know what am I missing here.
I do not think that output mkv from ripping is actually DTS:X and video '4K 24 Hz' as in the original disc. Right?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

newmkv wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:53 pm
Need some help experts.
Received LG option 3 from Bluntsman today & tried ripping my 4k disc (The Thing).
1)Used makemkv and confirmed that audio track has 7.1 (DTS:X) and enabled everything as they are by default.
It completed sucessfully.
2)Coped the mkv file to my Zidoo player & played the file.

Issues:
1)When I clicked Play, as you see in pic, its menu says DTS:x but while playing, I checked its Audio/menu where it says only 5.2 and my yamaha receiver displays as 'DTS and then Neural:X'
I also checked its output where it says '4K 60 Hz'
2)Whereas, if I play my disc directly in my panasonic 4K player, I see 'DTS:X' in my yamaha receiver info and also video output says '4K 24 Hz'.
3)I also tried playing the mkv directly in my VLC in my laptop where it says in Audio menu 'Surround 7.1'
Pls let me know what am I missing here.
I do not think that output mkv from ripping is actually DTS:X and video '4K 24 Hz' as in the original disc. Right?
the drive and makemkv do not change the audio or video.

you need to configure your setup to correctly pass through the audio often called bit stream vlc cant match frame rate automatically like jriver or madvr can.

so you would need to manually match the fps it actually usually the 23hz option thats correct for movies
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
mecking

Post by mecking »

I am a newbie and have bought an LG drive: BH 16 SN40, Rev. 1.03 with the MT1939 drive platform. Firmware (v. 1.03) is displayed as original (unpatched). Can I flash this drive and with which firmware? I would like to flash an MK-firmware. Is that possible?
Thanks in advance to the team.
kiranmehta

Post by kiranmehta »

Hi I am from India, I have been reading a lot of this forum and gotten very interested in ripping blurays but there are not a lot of options available here in India and those which are available are almost double the price if not more.

Initially I was interested in the latest pioneer drives (BDR xd08-umb-s) but due to firmware support for makemkv unavailable stopped pursuing it. I currently have shortlisted following options for me here in India -

lg wh14ns40 (rupees 11492 i.e USD - )
lg wh16ns40 (rupees 11492 i.e USD - )
ASUS BW-16D1HT (rupees 11492 i.e USD - )

I am leaning towards Asus as i have heard that it handles large disks well without read errors. Also Lg drive i am not sure of the svc version as the seller on amazon is not able to provide this info.

Any recommendations apart from the above are welcome
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

mecking wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm
I am a newbie and have bought an LG drive: BH 16 SN40, Rev. 1.03 with the MT1939 drive platform. Firmware (v. 1.03) is displayed as original (unpatched). Can I flash this drive and with which firmware? I would like to flash an MK-firmware. Is that possible?
Thanks in advance to the team.
No that will kill it do not flash that drive
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

kiranmehta wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:35 pm
Hi I am from India, I have been reading a lot of this forum and gotten very interested in ripping blurays but there are not a lot of options available here in India and those which are available are almost double the price if not more.

Initially I was interested in the latest pioneer drives (BDR xd08-umb-s) but due to firmware support for makemkv unavailable stopped pursuing it. I currently have shortlisted following options for me here in India -

I am leaning towards Asus as i have heard that it handles large disks well without read errors. Also Lg drive i am not sure of the svc version as the seller on amazon is not able to provide this info.

They are all the same junky drive get the cheapest
It's just the illusion of choice
kiranmehta

Post by kiranmehta »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:51 pm
kiranmehta wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:35 pm

They are all the same junky drive get the cheapest
It's just the illusion of choice
Thanks for replying, will buy one soon!
ShevyMate

Post by ShevyMate »

G'day, Ive recently started getting into the idea of backing up my physical media collection and struggling to figure out if this LG BH16NS40 manufactured in 2014 is capable of ripping. This is my first time doing this so im a bit confused on how to find the information I need. Twould greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know if my drive is compatible, Cheers!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

2014 means it won't do UHD, so CD/DVD/BD are what you're limited to.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
newmkv

Post by newmkv »

Ok, bought option 3 LG from Bluntsman here and so far really happy.
-Finally out of the box, managed to rip 2-3 of my 4k discs successfully without any issues using makemkv (licensed) & for some reason, dvdfab has been unsuccessful.
-I strongly recommend Bluntsman here if someone is looking for easy solution without going through too much of hassle.
kapqa

Post by kapqa »

hello ,

could flash a 2021 LG NS55 that has 1.05 (encrypted?) with your provided firmware and SPI Flasher
to WH16NS60 1.02 (MK)
LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted

however, the drive is a WH16NS55 and not NS60, so do i need to flash another firmware on top of it to get best results?

thank you very much.