Linux GUI - 3 Bugs on Ubuntu 11.10

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Chiasmos

Re: Linux GUI - 3 Bugs on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by Chiasmos »

mike admin wrote:
BrionS wrote:I guess I'm a little bit curious as to why MakeMKV is locking the drive in the first place. Can't it be notified when someone presses the eject button and cancel its current operation? Failing that, if it can no longer read from the device, can't it assume the disc has been ejected and either prompt the user to re-insert the disc to continue or fail gracefully by aborting the current operation?

If it didn't lock the drive it wouldn't have to worry about unlocking the drive on exit and we wouldn't find ourselves in the situation where the application has crashed hard and didn't release the lock. It's completely counter-intuitive to non-techies (especially non-Linux techies) for the eject button to not work once the program is ended (killed or otherwise).
This is not done on purpose. MakeMKV never sends lock command to the drive. Apparently it does something that forces the OS to lock the drive, but what is it exactly is unknown at the moment.
Thanks Mike.

Like with comment, is exactly unknown atm, as many things were at the initial challenge of getting Blu-ray use in Linux and still is a bit of a work in progress. :wink:

Continued success Sir in everything and the great work here. :)
marmoset

Re: Linux GUI - 3 Bugs on Ubuntu 11.10

Post by marmoset »

mike admin wrote: This is not done on purpose. MakeMKV never sends lock command to the drive. Apparently it does something that forces the OS to lock the drive, but what is it exactly is unknown at the moment.
Mike,

If you're interested in any debugging, hit my up at the email in my profile, I'm fairly technical and can assist however you'd like.

Thanks for the great product.

Moses