Can't install on Fedora 17 64 bit

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
86 inches

Can't install on Fedora 17 64 bit

Post by 86 inches »

Getting stuck here:

[root@Stephen-PC makemkv-oss-1.7.5]# make -f makefile.linux
mkdir -p out
gcc -Os -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_linux_ -D_REENTRANT -shared -Wl,-z,defs -oout/libmakemkv.so.1.full -Ilibebml/inc -DEBML_NO_READ -DEBML_STRICT_API -Ilibmatroska/inc \
-Ilibmakemkv/inc -Isstring/inc -Imakemkvgui/inc -Ilibabi/inc -Ilibffcodec/inc \
libebml/src/EbmlBinary.cpp libebml/src/EbmlContexts.cpp libebml/src/EbmlCrc32.cpp libebml/src/EbmlDate.cpp libebml/src/EbmlDummy.cpp libebml/src/EbmlElement.cpp libebml/src/EbmlFloat.cpp libebml/src/EbmlHead.cpp libebml/src/EbmlMaster.cpp libebml/src/EbmlSInteger.cpp libebml/src/EbmlString.cpp libebml/src/EbmlSubHead.cpp libebml/src/EbmlUInteger.cpp libebml/src/EbmlUnicodeString.cpp libebml/src/EbmlVersion.cpp libebml/src/EbmlVoid.cpp libebml/src/IOCallback.cpp libebml/src/MemIOCallback.cpp libmatroska/src/FileKax.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxAttached.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxAttachments.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxBlock.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxBlockData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxChapters.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCluster.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxClusterData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxContentEncoding.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxContexts.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCues.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxCuesData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxInfo.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxInfoData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSeekHead.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxSegment.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTag.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTags.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTrackAudio.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTrackEntryData.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTracks.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxTrackVideo.cpp libmatroska/src/KaxVersion.cpp libmakemkv/src/ebmlwrite.cpp libmakemkv/src/libmkv.cpp libmakemkv/src/version.cpp libmakemkv/src/world.cpp sstring/src/sstring.cpp \
libabi/src/ossl_aes.c libabi/src/ossl_sha.c libabi/src/ossl_ec.c libabi/src/zlib.c libabi/src/xpat.c libabi/pssl/ec_key.c libabi/pssl/ec_lib.c libabi/pssl/ec_cvt.c libabi/pssl/ec_mult.c libabi/pssl/ecp_mont.c libabi/pssl/ecp_smpl.c libabi/pssl/ecs_ossl.c libabi/pssl/ecs_sign.c libabi/pssl/ecs_vrf.c libabi/src/httplinux.cpp makemkvgui/src/api_linux.cpp libabi/src/sys_linux.c libffcodec/src/ffcodec.c libffcodec/src/crc.c libffcodec/src/mlp.c libffcodec/src/mlp_parser.c libffcodec/src/mpegaudiodata.c libffcodec/src/mpegaudiodecheader.c libffcodec/src/aviobuf.c libffcodec/src/ffmdec.c libffcodec/src/ffmenc.c \
-DHAVE_BUILDINFO_H -Itmp \
-fPIC -Xlinker -dy -Xlinker --version-script=libmakemkv/src/libmakemkv.vers \
-Xlinker -soname=libmakemkv.so.1 -lc -lstdc++ -lcrypto -lz -lexpat
In file included from libmakemkv/src/world.cpp:35:0:
libabi/inc/lgpl/expatabi.h:24:19: fatal error: expat.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
libabi/src/xpat.c:21:19: fatal error: expat.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [out/libmakemkv.so.1.full] Error 1

[root@Stephen-PC makemkv-oss-1.7.5]#

Any ideas?
crowfax

Re: Can't install on Fedora 17 64 bit

Post by crowfax »

I got this error when installing on Ubuntu, there's a new required package:

Code: Select all

libexpat1-dev
You'll have to find whatever the equivalent is in Fedora 17 and install it, then compile again.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
86 inches

Post by 86 inches »

Thanks. That worked!

For anyone looking it was:

yum install expat-devel

now... any idea what this is...

[root@Stephen-PC /]# makemkv

(process:13247): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(process:13247): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I'm afraid not, but I'm not very familiar with Fedora, I know they're pretty cutting edge when it comes to their security profiles. It looks like apparmor or something is blocking it? See if there is a way to white list it?

You might get a better reply for this problem on the fedora forums.

Sorry I can't be more help!
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
86 inches

Post by 86 inches »

No... you got it working for me. Thanks. Despite the error message it seems to work fine.
chill

Post by chill »

86 inches wrote:
now... any idea what this is...

[root@Stephen-PC /]# makemkv

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
Try launching makemkv as root and see if it clears up the error. I've seen this before and it is usually a permission error.