Re: The Hunger Games BD, which chapters to choose

Post by SamuriHL »

Mine's full DTS-HD MA.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

SamuriHL wrote:Mine's full DTS-HD MA.
full combo pack?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Yup. Already watched it once today and am about to watch it again with my wife.
dptbones

Post by dptbones »

Wonder if I can explain that to Best Buy. Usually just buy the single disc version since I only rip the movie, don't like the extras, just like the movie to start immediately when I pick it on xbmc. Hopefully i can exchange it. Its funny, the only reason I rip the movies to my hard drive is to avoid all the advertising and piracy warnings. Maybe if people could download the movie by itself, Hollywood would be losing less business.
FredT

Post by FredT »

665 didn't work for me. There are a few spots where a bit from further in the film would pop up.
canyonblue737

Post by canyonblue737 »

00017.mpls is the correct one.
seantnichols

Post by seantnichols »

17 didn't work for me, at least not to encode. I run everything through handbrake and put it in "Apple" 1080 format. I did this yesterday and it seemed to work but the file is broken. It just shows the white icon instead of the video preview and when I try to open it in anything that program will crash or give an error. I can only assume there must be another title we can use.
setarip_old

Re: The Hunger Games BD, which TITLE/MPLS to choose

Post by setarip_old »

It's apparent from the posts to this thread that some posters OWN retail versions of this disc, while others are attempting to copy RENTAL versions.

Be advised that the TITLE/MPLS (not "chapters") files for the RETAIL versions are different than those for the RENTAL version.

Postings regarding RENTAL discs are not appreciated at this (and many other) forums...

hackztor

Post by hackztor »

Lol, rental and bought copies are both pirating either way. What makes a bought copy any better? A friend could buy it, give it to a person to copy. Same as a rental.
joe42

Re: The Hunger Games BD, which TITLE/MPLS to choose

Post by joe42 »

setarip_old wrote: Postings regarding RENTAL discs are not appreciated at this (and many other) forums...
That's not really true. You are jumping to conclusions. It is not morally wrong to use MakeMKV on a rental disc as long as any MKVs (or other copies) you made are deleted when you return the disc.

Some people may simply be unable or unwilling to play the disc directly, so they play it as an MKV instead.
romwarrior

Post by romwarrior »

If it's a policy on this board to not discuss rentals no matter what, then that's fine. I'm new here and will abide. But to suggest that there is no legitimate reason to rip a rental disc is hogwash. I rip some rental discs because my media server is much easier to deal with than my bluray player, from getting rid of menus and warnings to easily resuming, plus more. And the rip gets deleted as soon as I send/take the rental back. The rip is only played while the physical disc is in my possession. Same as if I bought it.

**EDIT** Looks like joe42 beat me to it.
Flinkly

Post by Flinkly »

is there a possibility that the runtime could be displayed in makemkv so that we can do a better job of making this differentiation? that used to make it real simple in another life when i used a similar software.
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

The length of the film is showing 2:22:33 in my player.

I encoded the first, but it's duration is 2:23:33 and it had one minor scene repeated partway through.

The 5th entry matches this duration (41.8 GB) @ 2:22:33 for a duration. That should be the one.
ryanjk333

Post by ryanjk333 »

I used playlist 00076.mpls and had no trouble creating the mkv. A friend of mine who had already seen the movie came over and watched it from this mkv I created and said everything looked fine, so if you have this particular playlist on your disc, you should be successful using this one.
MakeMKV registered!
LG External 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Blu-Ray Rewriter BE12LU30
Popcorn Hour C-200
romwarrior

Post by romwarrior »

DJRumpy wrote: The 5th entry matches this duration (41.8 GB) @ 2:22:33 for a duration. That should be the one.
Although the number of entries can vary depending on the "Minimum title length" setting. Best to click on each entry to look at the MPLS number.
Flinkly wrote:is there a possibility that the runtime could be displayed in makemkv so that we can do a better job of making this differentiation? that used to make it real simple in another life when i used a similar software.
If you click the title in the source pane, it shows the runtime in the info pane.