Problems getting started

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
rodman109110

Problems getting started

Post by rodman109110 »

I have tried to rip a blu ray disc but have been unsuccessful. It appears to read the disc okay but when attempting to open the disc so that I can choose what I want to rip it starts, but after a couple of minutes it returns to the main screen and says that there is no disc. the disc does mount but after trying to use mkv it does not mount and I have to restart the burner for it to mount. I'm thinking I am having the blacklist issue with BD+ but I am not sure. is there anything i need to do that I haven't done like install certain files? any help would be great.

Thank you.

EDIT: I have the debug option on and it doesn't show any errors in reading or opening the disc, it just says failed no disc.

I seem to be having the same issue as this poster,http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=710. I did the svq thing but still nothing.
mike admin

Re: Problems getting started

Post by mike admin »

which disc is that?
rodman109110

Post by rodman109110 »

Fight club on bluray was the first I tried which is why I think it might be the blacklist issue and none of the others I tried worked. DVDs do work however. The poster of the link I posted is using the same hardware as me, LG WH08LS20. I think they are having the same issue as me. I updated the firmware thinking that would help but its the same problem.

I'm in the US if that makes a difference.
rodman109110

Post by rodman109110 »

I've tried ripping with the update but I am still having problems. I pretty sure its the drive but I don't have another to test so I can't be 100%. This debug code shows up when trying to rip, "DEBUG: Code 0 at 5#n<HAC}5![% >~^"b;N#NZ'?,/:121265039". I'm not sure if that will help at all but maybe it will.

Thanks.