Automatic SVQ Download

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
chill

Automatic SVQ Download

Post by chill »

Does the Linux version (1.7.10) support automatic SVQ download on BluRays? My copy keeps saying "Automatic SVQ downloading is disabled or failed."

I ask because it is failing on some newer discs (Skyfall, some of the ones in the Mel Brooks set from Costco) and I wanted to check for updates before mailing in dump files.
crowfax

Re: Automatic SVQ Download

Post by crowfax »

chill wrote:Does the Linux version (1.7.10) support automatic SVQ download on BluRays? My copy keeps saying "Automatic SVQ downloading is disabled or failed."

I ask because it is failing on some newer discs (Skyfall, some of the ones in the Mel Brooks set from Costco) and I wanted to check for updates before mailing in dump files.
It's in preferences under the general tab and is called "Allow contacting web server for updates".

Turn it on.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
chill

Post by chill »

It was on. I tried turning it off, then one and restarting MakeMKV. Same error. It may be a file/folder permission issue. I'll did.

However, manually downloading the dsall.sqv file and dropping it into place fixed the problem with Skyfall.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

You need to have wget installed.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Question - if you don't get a lot of "cutting edge" BDs, is it normal for the SVQ directory to stay empty?

It's been ages since I had a disk that required an SVQ (that I know of), back in the days before automatic updating of them (and the next version didn't require the SVQ). But the directory has been empty ever since, even when MakeMKV is running, while others have mentioned seeing 90+ files in theirs.

Just wondering if I have been very lucky, or if I have something set incorrectly....
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Woodstock wrote:Question - if you don't get a lot of "cutting edge" BDs, is it normal for the SVQ directory to stay empty?
No, because we're cool and we don't spy on you :)

MakeMKV always downloads all SVQ files the moment you try to open any BD+ disc, so we don't even know what particular disc you're opening. If MakeMKV data directory stays empty then either SVQ download failed (and you should get an error message) or you didn't open any BD+-protected discs at all.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

mike admin wrote:No, because we're cool and we don't spy on you
Software design choices like this are the reason I brought MakeMKV, and recommend it to other people.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Kind of figured that was the case, but... wanted to be sure.

I guess staying away from the "large market" BDs means less problems. My ripping machine doesn't even have a region set on either the BD or DVD drives...

Thanks for the program!
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
chill

Post by chill »

Just as a follow-up, installing wget on my Linux box solved the issue for me. Thanks, Mike!

-chill