Wreck-It Ralph - which .mpls?

Everything related to MakeMKV
kbutler84

Wreck-It Ralph - which .mpls?

Post by kbutler84 »

Anyone know which .mpls is the correct one for Wreck-It Ralph? There are only two to choose from, but they have identical run times.
Smithcraft

Re: Wreck-It Ralph - which .mpls?

Post by Smithcraft »

I can say that it's not in the AVS BDInfo thread yet.

SC
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

I looked around here and there, and it looks like 800 might be the winner. But that only applies to that disc, from that region. It might not apply to disc.

SC
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

I believe you'll find that 802 is the proper .MPLS...
DaveQ

Post by DaveQ »

I don't recall which one I picked, but if this disc is like other recent Disney releases, the only difference between the two is that one has signage (within the movie) in English, and the other in a different language (most likely Spanish).

Dave
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Yes - and 802 shows all English "signage"...

And my son is still smiling about all of the videogame characters he recognized, that consumed every quarter he ever had as a teenager ;>}
hoystuff1

Post by hoystuff1 »

Folks, I am not seeing a difference with signage with the two versions. can you reference a comparison of time into the movie where the signage is different? Also, be careful, I heard that they can re-arrange the order of scenes in the mutliple version MPLS file. Can someone conform this for me?
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

The studios think that playlists with scenes out of order is a way to stop pirates.

However, since most scene groups get the data from people inside the disc foundries, or somewhere else in the production line, it has no noticeable effect on those groups, and only screws the paying consumer.

MakeMKV will show you the playlist structure in the right pane when you select an item from the list.

SC
DaveQ

Post by DaveQ »

hoystuff1 wrote:Folks, I am not seeing a difference with signage with the two versions. can you reference a comparison of time into the movie where the signage is different? Also, be careful, I heard that they can re-arrange the order of scenes in the mutliple version MPLS file. Can someone conform this for me?
I didn't mean to imply that there was a difference in signage with this particular title; only that it is usually the case with Disney and Pixar titles when there are two or three different versions. (For example, see Tangled -- in which the "wanted" posters are displayed in different languages depending on which language is selected for playback.)

It is also possible that there are two different titles that are essentially the same, but one contains a full set of subtitles for multiple languages, or alternate (foreign language) soundtracks, or chapter designations, and the other doesn't. They might still contain the same video and main audio contents.

There IS a copy-deterrant method whereby there are multiple titles, with some of the scenes doubled, out of order, and/or missing. But I have NEVER seen that with any Disney or Pixar films. I recall seeing it with The Hunger Games, Source Code, and a few others.

Dave
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

This is strictly from memory - Either 801 or 850 (If either exists) do, in fact, show a very few screens that display Spanish on the "screen" of a videogame or two (and are otherwise the same as 802)...
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

Anyone figure out the correct Source file name yet?

Curious on BD and 3D BR.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

My minimum title length is 1200 seconds, when I open this BD only two titles show up. The first one is English, the second German. Dunno how it looks like on the region A BD though.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
NutFlush920

Post by NutFlush920 »

I used 00800 and it came out fine on the US 3D version.
hezagenius

Post by hezagenius »

Go to 1:00 and look at Ralph's dialogue bubble. He says something like "hey, you moved my stump." For me, 800 had the dialogue bubble in English and 801 was in French. This is for the 2D disc.
dbman

Post by dbman »

I know this is an old thread, but I just opened a disk with 300 title variations. If the Blu-Ray player can know what to play, the information must be on the disk somewhere. Is there a way MakeMKV can find it and highlight the default title?