MakeMKV Batch Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
jmulcahyBOOM

Re: MakeMKV Batch Converter

Post by jmulcahyBOOM »

This looks like a super great program, and I'm hoping that I can get it installed and working, as it would be a huge time saver. I have a Windows XP machine which I'm trying to install this on. I extract the zip file and run setup and it appears to install correctly, but no program gets installed in the windows start bar. I can't locate the installation icon or pull down to execute it. When I go into the C:\Program Files\MakeMKV Batch Converter folder which it gets installed and try to run the MakeMKV Batch Converter.exe file manually, it generates a popup which indicates that it's not a valid Win32 file. Am I missing something???? I do not have .NET 4.5 installed, rather .NET 4.0. I didn't read anywhere that .NET 4.5 was absolutely required, but I have read that other have been installing it.

Please help, as I'd really like to use this program.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

I'm pretty sure it pops up a message upon installation or first start that 4.5 is required.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
watchy

Post by watchy »

I'm have a folder on S:\ called Movies. Under it I have a folder for each Movie with an iso, Like S:\Movies\Top Gun (1986)\Top Gun (1986).iso

When I add S:\Movies it finds all the directories under it but won't load the ISOs to be processed. Can you fix this? I'll paypal you a donation. This will save me HOURS
agritton

Post by agritton »

Hey everybody I Just put a new version of the program on the first page its version 2.1.0. I tried to include all of the requests people have made. The release notes contains detailed information on all changes.

Thanks again everyone for the great suggestions. Please keep them up.
Tight_wad

Post by Tight_wad »

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I am trying to convert TS folders of IFO's and it is always dropping the first letter of the file name. Is this normal?
agritton

Post by agritton »

No that's definitely not normal. I'll look in to that and post back with the solution.
watchy

Post by watchy »

I think I found a bug. When doing add Blurays, I have a directory called S:\temp and inside it a bunch of blurays, I have one directory called Dirty Harry Collection and in it it has folders for each movie, When say I add S:\Temp it will add 1 movie from the S:\temp\Dirty Harry Collection directory. So It will add S:\temp\dirty harry collection\movie 1\ but the rest in their don't add. Let me know if you need any info
agritton

Post by agritton »

Good find. I'll look into that tomorrow and patch it up. I'm pretty sure I know exactly where it would be happening.
watchy

Post by watchy »

Got another issue. Seems im doing add iso folder to a folder with sub folders with isos. It adds them all but randomly it will say complete after it has do anor iso. Then it will show ready for the rest and if i clicks start it will start again where it left off. need any logs or anything from me to look into the issue?
watchy

Post by watchy »

Another bug. It seems to sometimes that when it makes the directory for the movie it'll put .ISO at the end. Some movies do it, so don't.
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

Handy little program. Thanks for the updates. I've noticed some issues:

1) It crashes when trying to run from my Program Files (x86) folder. It runs fine from my Desktop. It's likely something at my end, but that is bizarre behavior.

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	makemkv batch converter.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:	52292689
  Problem Signature 04:	System.Xml
  Problem Signature 05:	4.0.30319.17929
  Problem Signature 06:	4ffa5c6f
  Problem Signature 07:	96e
  Problem Signature 08:	27
  Problem Signature 09:	System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
2) When you click the "Output Folder" button and select an output folder, it would be nice if the "Same as Source" checkbox was automatically unchecked. That way you're not running a huge batch only to find out that you've made an absolute mess of your source folder :lol:

3) Can we get a Max Title Length box as well? Many TV series DVDs have a Play All option. It would be nice not to write the combined four-hour file along with the individual episode files.

4) When adding ISO files, the extension must be lowercase. It simply won't add something like IRONSIDE_D1.ISO
watchy

Post by watchy »

Did the author die?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Yeah, that's the most likely explanation. Or maybe, you know, he's just busy with other stuff that needs to be done before he can focus on FREE software again.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
watchy

Post by watchy »

Probably. I did offer to pay him some to help. He did already fix a bug for me and it works great. Few more bugs that I would like to see fixed and I don't mind paying. This program has already saved me from weeks of manual converting.
agritton

Post by agritton »

Hey everyone sorry I haven't released a new version with all the bug fixes in a while. Between school and work It's been pretty hectic. However, fall break starts this weekend and I plan on fixing all the bugs that have been posted since the last release. If you notice anymore bugs or think of additional functionality you'd like me to add this weekend, either send me a message or post on the thread and I'll do my best to get them all done. Also thanks for the replies I'm glad to see I've been a help to so many people.