Hello,

I have an BluRay with 3D content!

Is this scenario currently supported?

Thanks,
Christian
Woodstock

Re: BluRay 3D

Post by Woodstock »

As in generating an MKV file that contains the MVC 3d code, or saving the backup files that contain it? The answer to those is "yes".

As in being playable as 3D in any particular program? That depends upon the playback program...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
dwaynnyt

Post by dwaynnyt »

In addition to this, I would also like to ask if there are specific requirements for a 3D video to work in MakeMkv. Like the bit rate and all. Where can I please find all these information?
twa000

Post by twa000 »

dwaynnyt wrote:In addition to this, I would also like to ask if there are specific requirements for a 3D video to work in MakeMkv. Like the bit rate and all. Where can I please find all these information?
3D Bluray -> 3D MVC mkv .... as good as the original video/sound on the BluRay disc... but the Mede8er 600/1000 (3D media player's) are really the only boxes that will play the mkv. :D
I am not particularly pushing Mede8er, as I also own Dune media players including their 3D box.
Jmvannoy

Post by Jmvannoy »

Has anyone tried a 3D BD rip on a Mede8er box? Does it really work?
twa000 wrote:
dwaynnyt wrote:In addition to this, I would also like to ask if there are specific requirements for a 3D video to work in MakeMkv. Like the bit rate and all. Where can I please find all these information?
3D Bluray -> 3D MVC mkv .... as good as the original video/sound on the BluRay disc... but the Mede8er 600/1000 (3D media player's) are really the only boxes that will play the mkv. :D
I am not particularly pushing Mede8er, as I also own Dune media players including their 3D box.
epbbkb

Post by epbbkb »

twa000 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

I'm still pretty new to this whole Blu Ray backup situation. I purchased MakeMKV, and am backing up all my Blu Rays. Works fantastic on regular ones. Just bought my first 3D BR in Man of Steel. Luckily, it came with a separate disc just for the 3D movie, so when I put it in MakeMKV, it automatically detected the MVC stream, since that was the only video stream on the disc. MakeMKV created the MVK just fine using the WDTV profile.

Now, when I go to play it on the WDTV, the video halts about 5 seconds into playback, but the audio continues. I saw the above comment, and just want to confirm that the Mede8er 600/1000 is the only box that will play the MVC mkv? VLC plays the file just fine, but obviously, there is no 3D since I'm just watching it on my computer.

Is there any other way to make a backup of the disc and play the 3D version on the WDTV via my network?

Thanks in advance for the help!
hdmkv

Post by hdmkv »

Nope, WD TV can't plan MVC files. In fact, it can't play 3D, maybe except SBS or top/bottom formats. I have Mede8er 600X3D, which plays all 3D formats, including MVC MKV. The 800X3D and 1000X3D also as they're based on the same Realtek 1186 chip and Mede8er firmware. The Mede8er X3D players are the only ones at the moment that can play MVC (3D) MKV's. XBMC can play them (via a home theater PC), but only as 2D.

What you can do is rip to MVC MKV via MakeMKV, then later, should you need an ISO again, use the new tsMuxeR to create an ISO for playback in Popcorn Hour A-400 and Dune 3D players.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

The WDTV does only SBS 3D.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch