Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Everything related to MakeMKV
fonsiglock

Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by fonsiglock »

I would gladly pay for MakeMKV, to support the project financially (and to obtain a non-expiring license of course :mrgreen: ).

My problem is that I'm a bit paranoid about the authorities in my country of residence, where MakeMKV is illegal. Of course it shouldn't be illegal, especially not if it's just to circumvent stupid limitations of BDs that you bought, like using subtitles that the publisher chose not to include on the disk. Unfortunately, common sense doesn't matter in these things. Search warrants get issued for trivial reasons, just like this.

So, I would appreciate being able to buy this program without leaving a paper trail leading back to me.

If I'm not alone with these reservations, it might make sense for GuinpinSoft to consider thinking about a solution for this problem.

What do you all think?
Woodstock

Re: Anyone interested in anonymous payment options?

Post by Woodstock »

No (electronic) paper trail is kind of hard to do, if you want to get the license key that doesn't expire (it's emailed to you).
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
fonsiglock

Post by fonsiglock »

Woodstock wrote:No (electronic) paper trail is kind of hard to do, if you want to get the license key that doesn't expire (it's emailed to you).
Oh, I don't think there would be problems that can't be solved. The currently interesting question is, would it make sense for GuinpinSoft to divert resources into implementing a solution?

Judging from this thread's ratio of Views/Replies, I guess not: It doesn't seem like anyone sees a problem here except me.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It would involve significant resources. Did you see where Silk Road, which used TOR network and fairy dust to try to keep drug deals anonymous, was taken down this week?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Avangate supports tons of payment options (really). They even accept some sort of cards that you can buy for cash in 7-11 stores. And obviously they accept prepaid visa/mc cards, and there are many ways to get them anonymously.
Your key will be sent to any email address you specify.
lloydsmart

Post by lloydsmart »

I'd be interested in anonymous payment options. Specifically, fairy dust.

The ideal method would be to accept payment in fairy dust, and have the key and receipt encrypted with my gpg key (publicly available) and emailed to me. And it would be preferable to complete this transaction directly with the seller, rather than going through an intermediary payment processor.
fonsiglock

Post by fonsiglock »

mike admin wrote:Avangate supports tons of payment options (really). They even accept some sort of cards that you can buy for cash in 7-11 stores. And obviously they accept prepaid visa/mc cards, and there are many ways to get them anonymously.
Your key will be sent to any email address you specify.
You are right!

I finally took a leap of faith today, paid with UKASH bought in a tobacco store, and had the license key mailed to a throwaway email address on hidemyass.com.

I was pretty nervous whether the whole thing would work at all, but it was totally glitchless :mrgreen:

(Just a little success story to encourage others who might be sitting on the fence for the same reasons as I did.)