How long until the end of the Beta?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Tyrael

How long until the end of the Beta?

Post by Tyrael »

In fact, I would like to know how long MakeMKV will stay free.

I understand that there might not be a precise release date for the "final" version yet, but is it a matter of weeks, months or years?
mike admin

Re: How long until the end of the Beta?

Post by mike admin »

Tyrael wrote:In fact, I would like to know how long MakeMKV will stay free.

I understand that there might not be a precise release date for the "final" version yet, but is it a matter of weeks, months or years?
Noone knows this yet.
Tyrael

Post by Tyrael »

OK. What do you think needs to be added/improved in the Beta before the final version can be released?
The Beta is pretty stable now, isn't it?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV is a pretty active project, with feature updates every 3-6 weeks... Declaring it "stable" is going to be hard.

Some of us have already bought it, knowing that it is a "continual beta".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

It works......buy it :wink:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
etrask

Post by etrask »

Lovely Rita wrote:It works......buy it :wink:
I just made an account to log in here and specifically say:

How? I'd like to support this project but I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to PAY for MakeMKV...
etrask

Post by etrask »

...and now I feel dumb.

For anyone who is dumb the same way I am, you can buy MakeMKV by going to Help -> Purchase in the program.

Still... the website could use a link :P
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

The website link is slightly hidden, but you can find it in my sig.

SC
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

Beta seems to be over. Time for everyone to buy it seems.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What makes you think it's over? Version 1.8.6 was released as "beta" a few days ago.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nickbuol

Post by nickbuol »

I've experienced and have heard from others that they received an error that they were using an old version of MakeMKV and then after upgrading to 1.8.6 get an error that the "evaluation period has expired" and "Please purchase an activation key..."

Odd that it happened to multiple people at the same time. I tried the temp beta key found here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 to no avail. Maybe there needs to be a new temp key?
Assmonkey

Post by Assmonkey »

Woodstock wrote:What makes you think it's over? Version 1.8.6 was released as "beta" a few days ago.
1.8.6 was released on the 11th of November. And the reason he/we think the BETA is over because the key has expired and the thread in announcements doesn't have a new one...
ubarni

Post by ubarni »

Last BETA-Key ended yesterday...
Will there be a new key starting 1. December?
garzjoe

Post by garzjoe »

Yeah I got an error as well, but I was on version 1.85, I downloaded 1.86 and I got this message: "Evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable."

As everyone else has noticed the key for November ended and no new key has been posted. Now I can't speak for others but this software is awesome and I personally have no issues purchasing it.

I do have a question though, does the key you purchase only work on one PC? I have this installed on 2 separate PC's (both in same physical location). When I first started ripping my collection I had to use 3 PC's just so the process would go faster. These days I usually use one PC to do all the ripping, but I just purchased a lot of Blue Rays on Black Friday. Not a biggie if the purchased key is only for one PC, just wondering if I'll have to pony up for two keys or just one.
ropeburn

Post by ropeburn »

Assmonkey wrote: 1.8.6 was released on the 11th of November. And the reason he/we think the BETA is over because the key has expired and the thread in announcements doesn't have a new one...
Same. I didn't get a chance to grab until just a few days ago, and am willing to pay. I'd just like to see some kind of official word on the status of MakeMKV (Mac OSX).

Will a purchased key work on the Beta? Will that transfer forward when it's no longer in Beta state?