MakeMKV Batch Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
watchy

Re: MakeMKV Batch Converter

Post by watchy »

Good to see you still kickin. I haven't used it in awhile due to my home server being down. In the next week i should have it fixed and can start playing with it again.

I really appreciate the work you have put into it. It really has saved me months of converting them blurays manually.
Silentprowler

MakeMKV Batch Converter - Awesome program

Post by Silentprowler »

Hopefully the author is still alive and still accepting some input on this wonderful program.

The only suggestion that I could make:

Adding another option/adjustment on where or how the output file will be placed.

Currently (unless I'm missing something :? ) You can either put the output files at the source location, or into a different folder where all of the ".mkv" files will populate into a single folder.

What I would like to see is that each ".mkv" file is under it's own folder (the folder being the same name as the ".mkv" file). So you could designate a new location for all of the output files (i.e. D:\Movies), then the program will convert the "VIDEO_TS" files and save them in "D:\Movies\Movie_1\Movie_1.mkv" , "D:\Movies\Movie_2\Movie_2.mkv", etc.

I don't know how hard it would be, but you could even incorporate it for the "source file" location, whereas it checks to see if the folder already exists (the movie named folder, which it should) and if so, just writes the file to the proper folder because it already exists. If someone wants to save it at a location other than the source file, then it will check the new location, see if the folder exists, create one if necessary, then write the converted file into it. This last note is more of helpful thing, because I have no idea how your syntax's are wrote. :wink: This would probably be more beneficial for someone like me where I would select my main archive folder of VIDEO_TS movies to be converted.

But the main reason I am asking is because I will be transferring my VIDEO_TS files from one storage to another, and it would save many more hours (as if this program doesn't save a ton anyway), if each movie (300+) was in it's own folder. I use MyMovies to scrape the metadata and XBMC as a frontend and both REALLY like that folder structure. Yes, you can get away with all of the movie files in one folder, but I also store fanart, backgrouds, and other data for each movie. Which brings me to another point... :(

When you select save at the source file it saves it in the VIDEO_TS folder of the movie you are converting (makes perfect sense). If it was saved one directory up (Goes along with my suggestion above), then someone could write a batch file to delete the VIDEO_TS folder(s) to eliminate the unwanted files (saving space and clutter). That's when you are just converting hundreds of files and don't have the room for the double of space. You could possibly add that option, but I personally wouldn't "check" that box until I verified everything was fine, yet that's me. :D

I hope this helps add to the functionality of this awesome program. And if any of these function(s) already exists..... help
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Why not use a tool like the free ReNamer Lite (Insert:File_BaseName:\) or Total Commander's MRT ([N]\[N]).
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
tool50

Post by tool50 »

I also hope the author still is around.

See below and attached image. I'm sure that someone will say this is a false positive, but it's still a bit scary.

Any ideas why this would be in the code?
Attachments
avast.png
avast.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 30922 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Make sure your database is up to date - A search for "win32:evo-gen" on Google reveals that Avast has decided this threat exists in a LOT of programs that have been around longer than the suspected threat.

But, Avast isn't the only antivirus to pull this sort of thing... I have programs I wrote and bought 10-15 years ago that "disappeared" from my system mysteriously, because an antivirus program thinks they're part of a bot net system.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
gr8..

Post by gr8.. »

great program, thank you so much for all your efforts. you made my (and i guess many others) life much easier!

i have one suggestion: would it be possible, to have the conversion console showing the latest entries automatically? maybe by scrolling down by itself?

also the charset used for displaying the information shows certain characters (e.g. ???) the wrong way.

thanks again and keep up the good work!
Attachments
makemkv.PNG
makemkv.PNG (132.62 KiB) Viewed 30903 times
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

This is a great program, however, I am having one issue. It appears that after it creates the mkv file and before it copies it to the "Same As Source" folder, I am getting an error: Here's a conversion log:

Conversion Started: 11/30/2013 10:19:48 AM
Argument Line: --noscan --minlength=1800 --progress=-same mkv iso:"D:\After Earth\After Earth.iso" 0 "batch_temp"
MakeMKV v1.8.6 win(x86-release) started
Current operation: Scanning CD-ROM devices
Current action: Scanning CD-ROM devices
Using direct disc access mode
Current operation: Opening Blu-ray disc
Current action: Processing AV clips
Current action: Processing movie playlists
0 Titles Skipped. They were shorter than minLength 1800.

Current action: Decrypting
It appears that you have AnyDVD enabled. MakeMKV should process discs with most sophisticated protections without help of any 3rd party decryption software. In addition MakeMKV works faster and more reliably when it decrypts data by itself. It is highly recommended to disable AnyDVD and restart the application.

Do you want to continue anyway (errors may follow) ?
AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc
Current action: Processing BD+ code
Current action: Processing titles
File 00001.mpls was added as title #0
Operation successfully completed
Current operation: Saving all titles to MKV files
Saving 1 titles into directory batch_temp
Current action: Analyzing seamless segments
Current action: Saving to MKV file
Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages.
Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages.
Forced subtitles track #6 turned out to be empty and was removed from output file
Forced subtitles track #8 turned out to be empty and was removed from output file
Forced subtitles track #10 turned out to be empty and was removed from output file
1 titles saved
Copy complete. 1 titles saved.
Error Deleting Temp Files. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MakeMKV Batch Converter\batch_temp\batch_temp\After_Earth_-_Blu-ray_(Mastered_in_4K)_t00.mkv'.
Conversion Process Completed In: 00:05:13.4803604

Do you know why it might be having this issue and how I can resolve it?

--
Richard
JUSTIN-A8HTPC

Post by JUSTIN-A8HTPC »

I have been using this for a short time so far and I found a few things.

1) This program will not find and VOB files if they are not in a VIDEO_TS folder.
2) a drag and drop option would be great for adding VIDEO_TS or Movie folders which contain the VOB files
3) You should add a confirmation box for "Remove All". I found myself almost clicking the button. It would be nice to have a confirmation box pop up to ask if you really want to remove all or cancel.

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GREAT PROGRAM
JUSTIN-A8HTPC

Post by JUSTIN-A8HTPC »

Suggestions and 1 error

(1) A "Stop" Button. I noticed there is no good way of stopping the process. If someone were to stop in the middle of the process, maybe you could have an option for that new MKV file being deleted automatically, or keeping the MKV though it may not run.

(2) Also, I got the same error message as the poster above me about the program reading faster then it can write.
"Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages."
This movie did not copy successfully though the program said it did. A retry worked however.
This was writing to a network MyBookLive which I am able to transfer to between 20-70Mb/s depending on the amount and size of the files being copied. Could the MBL be the issue....it could be.

(3) I have a bad VOB set which does play though it can not be converted to MKV..the suggestion here is to have the program produce a "Process Failed" message when there is a failure. Right now it says "Process Completed Successfully"
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

JUSTIN-A8HTPC wrote:(2) Also, I got the same error message as the poster above me about the program reading faster then it can write. "Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages."
That's a MakeMKV message unrelated to the batch converter. At that moment, your network may not have been up to the task.
AVGEH

Post by AVGEH »

Two questions:

When running MakeMKV Batch Converter - is there anyway of the sub-titles not being included in the MKV file as default?

The Batch Converter works fine when saving files on my windows PC but it 'Fails' when saving onto my Synology NAS - any suggestions?

I have tried running the program as administrator - still does not work.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Check this subforum for

Conversion profiles
Changing default track selection.

I can output to my NAS from Windows without any issues.
jdwarne

Post by jdwarne »

Having a problem, hopefully someone can help.

The program runs and processes ISOs correctly. It creates a MKV file in the batch_temp location on my C:\ drive, but fails to 1.) rename the file (I have use original name checked) and leaves it as title00.mkv, 2.) Copy it to the source drive, which is another internal hard drive with a different drive letter and 3.) Delete the temp file.

If I process more than one ISO at a time, it just keeps overwriting the same title00.mkv in the batch_temp folder.

Log file attached.
Attachments
12-15-2013--18-8-37.txt
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
jdwarne

Post by jdwarne »

Just for anyone else that has problems with the newest version, v1.1.1 works for me. v2.1.0 has all the problems I mentioned in my previous post.
jbowens

Post by jbowens »

jdwarne,

I am also having these same problems, but cannot locate a copy of version 1.1.1

Can you please post the file somewhere...

I would also like to personally thank the author for building this little app. Especially since I know how busy we all are with our lives.

I am not sure what it is written in, but if agritton would also post the source someplace some of us might be happy to help.

Thank you all