Audio problems...

Everything related to MakeMKV
richieb

Audio problems...

Post by richieb »

Hi all first post here!
First off i have googled and read much but cant find anything to help so far....

Basically i used the app to copy a few dvd's, all was fine.
Then when i tried to copy a bluray, i had to get a dtsdecoderdll file, well i have arcsoft TmT so i navigated to the location and used that file.

When the bluray had finished copying there is no sound except if i play it thru TmT, same has now happened to all dvd's i copy..

I want to make copies so i can put them onto a tablet, its a samsung that can play mkv's, but no sound, any ideas?
kevmitch

Re: Audio problems...

Post by kevmitch »

You should only *need* the dtsdecoderdll.dll file if you are encoding to FLAC. If you use the unmodified "default" profile, it will just copy the audio as is. On blu ray this means DTS-HD-MA, TRUEHD or LPCM, which shouldn't be a problem for any player, although they may not decode lossless information on DTS-HD-MA. If you're not getting sound after using dtsdecoderdll.dll It's possible your player doesn't support or understand flac audio tracks.

What players other than TMT are you dealing with? VLC, MPC-HC and mplayer/mplayer2/mpv should be able to handle flac tracks without problem.
richieb

Post by richieb »

Ah, interesting. When i tried to copy the blu ray a message popped up saying i had to get the .dll to continue?
I'm using TmT windows media player and Vlc
megalodon

Post by megalodon »

richieb wrote:Ah, interesting. When i tried to copy the blu ray a message popped up saying i had to get the .dll to continue?
I'm using TmT windows media player and Vlc
My Blu-ray files play fine with DTS HD Audio in VLC but I get no sound at all in TMT5. I don't think it can decode the DTS HD Audio and a few users on the TMT forums have said the same. Maybe the latest version of TMT 6.5 could Im not sure.
richieb

Post by richieb »

ah ok i'm using 6.5.1, might be why!
I seem to have kinda found a wrk around, using handbrake to convert the films to .mp4 and the sound is there... odd lol