MakeMKV for Linux

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
garrett85

MakeMKV for Linux

Post by garrett85 »

I followed the instructions for building the Linux version of MakeMKV and I get this error when I attempted to start launch the program, but from the desktop and form the command line. MakeMKV BETA POPUP -> Application failed to initialize

Any ideas? Thanks.
lotw01

Re: MakeMKV for Linux

Post by lotw01 »

garrett85 wrote:I followed the instructions for building the Linux version of MakeMKV and I get this error when I attempted to start launch the program, but from the desktop and form the command line. MakeMKV BETA POPUP -> Application failed to initialize

Any ideas? Thanks.

You need to include more information. What Distro are you running (for instance I am running Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 64-bit)? I am new to Linux and just heard of this program and tried it, so far it copied 1 disc that both my PAID windows programs failed at. Now if this program works as good as my 1st test the only reason I will boot into Windows is for games, till devs start making more Linux ones.
garrett85

Post by garrett85 »

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon.
lotw01 wrote:
garrett85 wrote:I followed the instructions for building the Linux version of MakeMKV and I get this error when I attempted to start launch the program, but from the desktop and form the command line. MakeMKV BETA POPUP -> Application failed to initialize

Any ideas? Thanks.

You need to include more information. What Distro are you running (for instance I am running Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 64-bit)? I am new to Linux and just heard of this program and tried it, so far it copied 1 disc that both my PAID windows programs failed at. Now if this program works as good as my 1st test the only reason I will boot into Windows is for games, till devs start making more Linux ones.
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

I get the same error after building on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit. the console application works.