No beta-key for June -2016

Everything related to MakeMKV
ecsjjgg

No beta-key for June -2016

Post by ecsjjgg »

Hi, why are there no beta key for June?? The last key I used is expired..
thedigitalhobo

Re: No beta-key for June -2016

Post by thedigitalhobo »

Relax. There is always one posted. Slow your roll, take a deep breath, wait a day or two, and say THANK YOU for such an amazing piece of software that you get to use for free.
Realacs

Post by Realacs »

After the fox is death (more or less), makemkv is more important than ever :wink: Is it still in beta? Greetings from Hamburg
while(!asleep()) { sheep++; }
ix400

Post by ix400 »

Realacs wrote:After the fox is death (more or less), makemkv is more important than ever :wink: Is it still in beta? Greetings from Hamburg
+1

and.... ... and I say THANK YOU for such an amazing piece of software that I get to use for free.

:wink:
jjslegacy

Post by jjslegacy »

might I suggest actually paying for this software you so dearly love so it keeps being developed?
CountryBumkin

Post by CountryBumkin »

jjslegacy wrote:might I suggest actually paying for this software you so dearly love so it keeps being developed?

If the developer ever decides the beta is over - he will make a fortune as everyone would then would need to buy the product.
robegian

Post by robegian »

The problem is, looks like PayPal is not a viable option anymore for paying this software. Weird situation — I really like this tool, so I hope it won't die anytime soon.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Not weird, blame paypal. They won't let any software that's even RELATED to "ripping" to be paid for through their service. Go ask JDobbs how that's working for his product, which does not break any copy protection whatsoever. MakeMKV does, so, it clearly falls into an area paypal refuses to service.
unkilbeeg

Post by unkilbeeg »

That's wonderful news. It meant that I actually was able to buy the key. I don't use Paypal (for reasons having to do with their propensity to pick and choose who you can deal with) so having a different processor made this much easier.
Peter01

Post by Peter01 »

Realacs wrote:After the fox is death (more or less), makemkv is more important than ever :wink: Is it still in beta? Greetings from Hamburg
But isn't there still DVDFab (not for free!)?

There's still no key ... is it a sign, that the software won't be further developed anymore?

An other question: Because of my bad english, I didn't understand right, what's about paying options ...
Even apart from the fact, that I don't have a paypal account, is it now possible to pay with paypal or not?

At makemkv.com/ I can't find any information/links how to buy it.
But if I google it, I find that site: makemkv.com/buy/
There it seems, that I could pay with credit card? Is this site up to date? Or does it have a reason, that the site .../buy is not linked anymore at makemkv.com?
unkilbeeg

Post by unkilbeeg »

Peter01 wrote: At makemkv.com/ I can't find any information/links how to buy it.
But if I google it, I find that site: makemkv.com/buy/
There it seems, that I could pay with credit card? Is this site up to date? Or does it have a reason, that the site .../buy is not linked anymore at makemkv.com?
Run the program. Click on "help." In the drop-down, you will see a "Purchase" option. If you click on that it will take you to the buy page.

That page will take your money and give you a key.
overblod

Post by overblod »

So is the purchase lifetime? or annual? does it have expiration date?
Peter01

Post by Peter01 »

I think, Mike is reaping now! :mrgreen: The longer he waits updating the key, the more and faster the money is rolling on!
nateson

Post by nateson »

I was about to buy the software, but I can't afford $50 it cost right now. For some reason I thought it was $30. I was just going to go buy one of those pre paid cards and use it instead of paypal. It's worth the price, but I cant produce the funds right now. I've been using it lately on my old HD DVD collection! I can wait for a new key. :)
xwmkf

Post by xwmkf »

If that's what he wants, he should just take it out of beta. Letting the beta key lapse gives a picture of things not being kept up to date. If a piece of software isn't being actively maintained and kept up to date, that's generally not a good time to invest money in it.