Yes, the free beta key expired tonight...

Everything related to MakeMKV
nickbuol

Yes, the free beta key expired tonight...

Post by nickbuol »

...no, nobody has a new one yet.... Yes, one will get published officially here in the News section... No, it probably won't be in a day or two.

Just trying to proactively answer all of the questions before they come up, but I am sure that someone will come here all worked up stating "I was just about to buy this, but if there isn't ongoing support..." or some lame crap. I mean come on, the software is great. Buy it already! If you are just leeching the software every couple of months for nothing, you have no room to complain.

Sit tight, there will be a new beta key in a few days.
Woodstock

Re: Yes, the free beta key expired tonight...

Post by Woodstock »

But, you forgot to pre-publish that you can get MakeMKV to work in the mean time by setting your system date back to the 27th, start MakeMKV, then reset the date to the current day... :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Woodstock wrote:But, you forgot to pre-publish that you can get MakeMKV to work in the mean time by setting your system date back to the 27th, start MakeMKV, then reset the date to the current day... :)
Yes, one can do that as well but wouldn't it be better, if one uses this very useful tool on a regular or semi-regular basis and possibly having done so for years, that they just purchase the thing? Wouldn't that be of greater benefit to the creator of the software and, just as importantly, the community that uses MakeMKV, allowing for its continued development?

BTW, thank you, nickbuol. +1
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Would it not be useful to have the 'Purchase MakeMKV' page accessible from the main web pages? - currently you only seem to be able to get to that page via Google search results!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I think we can add one more to the people calling for Mike to add the purchase link to the main page... I think we're at around 105,000 requests. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
preserve

Post by preserve »

And the new key is available and working! :)

Thanks Mike!

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053