MakeMKV 1.10.7 Won't Run on Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
drbubba

MakeMKV 1.10.7 Won't Run on Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

Post by drbubba »

Until today MakeMKV 1.10.7 was running under Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan just fine. When I tried to open it today it said my version was out of date and that I needed to download the most current version to continue. 1.10.7 IS the most current version, so OK, I deleted the app and re-installed. Got the message that I needed to either update to a more current version or enter a registration key. OK, so I entered the current beta key (T-CDPEBnWdamx7Qt2sdl60vp0xsRQsH3HBJ6RifOAvJedhinALlaoCJu30fAMQ4iWsx0) which is good until the end of Sept (today is 29 Sept so it should still work). Now I'm in a recycling loop of "need to install the latest version" - "you key has expired" - crash. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Any recommendations? Thanks.
drbubba

Re: MakeMKV 1.10.7 Won't Run on Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

Post by drbubba »

I tried connecting a difference drive and everything worked ... so it looks like I've got a funky drive ... but problem resolved.
joensson

Post by joensson »

I have a problem very similar to this.

I don't have another drive to test with.

I have uninstalled the old version.

Downloaded and installed the latest version 1.10.7 - opened Register and entered the beta key from https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

It says Thank you and that I should restart the application for the change to take effect.
When I do it behaves as though it has been registered and I can start a scan of a BR disk.

A few seonds after scanning has started I get a dialog that says that the key has expired (I am very certain that I have the latest beta key - but maybe it has expired a day too early - today is September 30th, so it ought to still be valid, right?

If I click ok to the error I get a new dialog that says the application itself is too old - I have downloaded and installed 1.10.7 - there is no newer version available.

Kind of stuck for now - hoping the problem will go away when a new beta key is available.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You can set your system date back to 9/20, start MakeMKV, then reset the date to the current day. MakeMKV only checks for key expiration at start-up, so this is a work-around until the key in the linked message is replaced.

Hopefully, Mike will take care of that quickly.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
drbubba

Post by drbubba »

Thank you Woodstock. Appreciate your reply and your assistance. Today is 01 Oct, so I'm hoping a new key will be available soon.
DavidHOO

Post by DavidHOO »

I had the same problem yesterday, then I reinstalled the newest version of MakeMKV, useful!