Using Java Runtime Environment to get around obfuscation

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
rjvbb

Re: Using Java Runtime Environment to get around obfuscation

Post by rjvbb »

That means interpreting the BD-J menu structure, no? If so, my remarks are probably relevant, as that's exactly what libbluray uses Java for. VLC doesn't support menus for such BDs when libbluray is built without BDJava support, or when no JRE/JDK is installed.
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Lovely Rita wrote: Using Java runtime from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
This worked for me, and good grief, I can't believe I didn't do this before.. This is going to save me a LOT of time from now on! The naming of extras is a real bonus!
I could never get it to work by browsing from MakeMKV Preferences
That worked fine for me.

I currently have Macbeth here, in which the MainFeat can't be detected. Is there any way we can help Mike with the feature, in such a case?
T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch wrote:
Lovely Rita wrote: Using Java runtime from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java
This worked for me, and good grief, I can't believe I didn't do this before.. This is going to save me a LOT of time from now on! The naming of extras is a real bonus!
I could never get it to work by browsing from MakeMKV Preferences
That worked fine for me.

I currently have Macbeth here, in which the MainFeat can't be detected. Is there any way we can help Mike with the feature, in such a case?
Well, that was short joy. I had it working *once*, and then it never worked again. >_>
chart2006

Post by chart2006 »

I know this thread is over a year old but with the installation of Java 10, I pointed to "jre-10.0.1/bin/javaw.exe" which worked for me.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

chart2006 wrote:I know this thread is over a year old but with the installation of Java 10, I pointed to "jre-10.0.1/bin/javaw.exe" which worked for me.
This is the Mac forum. :wink:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
820am

Post by 820am »

has anyone had any luck on this for the Mac? I'm running to 10.13 and the Java detection isn't working. How do I know? Because on Windows it works fine with the same backup...
T'hain Esh Kelch

820am wrote:has anyone had any luck on this for the Mac? I'm running to 10.13 and the Java detection isn't working. How do I know? Because on Windows it works fine with the same backup...
I got it working exactly once, and then it never worked again. I've tried multiple java installations, multiple macOS', and multiple MakeMKV versions. I assume it is broken for Mac, as MakeMKV never writes anything about it using my Java installation at all, despite being pointed to the correct location.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

820am wrote:has anyone had any luck on this for the Mac? I'm running to 10.13 and the Java detection isn't working. How do I know? Because on Windows it works fine with the same backup...
Still working here...(10.12.6)

I have not run across an obfuscated disc in a while and after reading the last two posts thought perhaps it HAD been broken.
I remembered our copy of Wonder fired up the JRE and as you can see it still does.
DEBUG: Code 0 at >C)1jno#e>/lH6"iWb%4>X,(::121263153
Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/3TB/MKV's to Handbrake/backup/WONDER
Using Java runtime from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

I sent Mike the files for Deepwater Horizon, Patriots Day and Stronger when they were first released and I'm sad to say that JRE still does not display the FPL_MainFeature for any of these. I just tried all of again prior to this post.
Buy MakeMKV
820am

Post by 820am »

thanks for checking. Yeah, I remembered it working sometimes... I just don't think it has ever worked on the Windows side when the Mac didn't for me before
T'hain Esh Kelch

What files are we supposed to send to Mike, with regards to obfuscation?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

T'hain Esh Kelch wrote:What files are we supposed to send to Mike, with regards to obfuscation?
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 330#p48158
Buy MakeMKV
T'hain Esh Kelch

Thanks Rita!

For what it is worth, MakeMKV started using JRE for my discs, without any changes from my side AFAIK. At least, the last 2 discs has actively written it was using it, and it even informed which was the main feature for the one I am currently ripping. Surprise, surprise.
jojo1

Post by jojo1 »

I'm a bit confused here. I'm using linux and the log shows it finds java but it never identifies the correct play list even though others with the same disk have posted on this forum that it works for them (I think they used windows). What it shows in the log is:
Found java version=1.8.0.191 path=/usr/bin/... and path=/usr/lib/jvm/...
-
I see no other errors yet it doesn't identify the correct play list on disks where this is known to work.
T'hain Esh Kelch

jojo1 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:01 pm
I'm a bit confused here. I'm using linux and the log shows it finds java but it never identifies the correct play list even though others with the same disk have posted on this forum that it works for them (I think they used windows). What it shows in the log is:
Found java version=1.8.0.191 path=/usr/bin/... and path=/usr/lib/jvm/...
-
I see no other errors yet it doesn't identify the correct play list on disks where this is known to work.
Are you sure that it is the exact same disc? Just because it is the same movie, doesn't entail the same disc. Releases of movies between countries/areas are in many cases completely different.

But you can always submit your disks to Mike, as linked in a post above.
turnkit

Post by turnkit »

It's JAVA JRE that is needed for this... the old version 8! It works. Just get the right version.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... index.html