UHD support

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
preserve

Re: First Rip and playback of 4K UHD on Dune Solo and Samsun

Post by preserve »

TacoChublets wrote:I tried that and it's still coming up as if I don't have the key.
I don't want to assume anything, "no stupid questions," just to confirm that you've put the keys into the keydb.cfg file.
4kripper wrote:Same story here - unable to get past the decrypting part, using an LG BE16NU50 and an Asus BW-16D1HT. There was a response in the Mixed Results Ripping UHD Discs Using Leaked Keys thread stating this might be due to different volume keys for the same release.
That's correct, if everything else is ruled out, it could be that there are different volume keys.

My copy was Canadian retail.

You should submit the produced dump to svq@makemkv.com
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
TacoChublets

Post by TacoChublets »

preserve wrote:
TacoChublets wrote:I tried that and it's still coming up as if I don't have the key.
I don't want to assume anything, "no stupid questions," just to confirm that you've put the keys into the keydb.cfg file.

lol yeah the keys are in the config file. Am I supposed to do something to the actual keys in the file to work?
roblrobl

Post by roblrobl »

TacoChublets wrote:
preserve wrote:

lol yeah the keys are in the config file. Am I supposed to do something to the actual keys in the file to work?
Try a few different disks - so far I have 5 that work and 10 do not, and many of those 10 had the same names as some of the key comments. My guess is that there are various different versions, as we see people talk about US vs. Canadian vs. Redbox, etc. I'd like to know the ID that MakeMKV does for its key lookup so we can confirm in the keys file that everything is good. Btw, I put my config file into the data directory as seen in preferences/General. Others have suggested that putting it in the program directory may work this time, but not after an upgrade.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Yup, agree with roblrobl. There are currently 2 different keys for Passengers. It could be that you have a release for which the key is not yet known.
andcbii

Re: UHD support

Post by andcbii »

Sorry if this was answered someone else, but does MakeMKV work with DeUHD? I downloaded DeUHD because I couldn't find a key for Wonder Woman. DeUHD decrypted the disc (MKV was able to read the disk and i was able to select the titles) but MakeMKV fails to save the file. It gets about 4gigs through the files. Throws and error, crashes, and become unresponsive.

Is this because i'm using the trial version of DeUHD?
Attachments
UI error.PNG
UI error.PNG (61.73 KiB) Viewed 23854 times
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

andcbii wrote:Sorry if this was answered someone else, but does MakeMKV work with DeUHD? I downloaded DeUHD because I couldn't find a key for Wonder Woman. DeUHD decrypted the disc (MKV was able to read the disk and i was able to select the titles) but MakeMKV fails to save the file. It gets about 4gigs through the files. Throws and error, crashes, and become unresponsive.

Is this because i'm using the trial version of DeUHD?
It's not letting me attach the log file so here it is on google...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q-ZAq ... fiey6Ai2ek
preserve

Post by preserve »

I believe that type of error is normally displayed when MakeMKV is having a problem physically reading the disc - sometimes cleaning the disc helps or sometimes it is a defective disc.

In addition to what your screenshot shows, MakeMKV may be reporting a MEDIUM ERROR in the debug log, which indicates it's an issue with the physical medium (the disc).
andcbii

Post by andcbii »

Took me a little while to figure out why i couldn't post this.... Here is the error log

Code: Select all

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q-ZAqBSUCFrHqqe9EZT4_pfiey6Ai2ek
preserve

Post by preserve »

andcbii wrote:Sorry if this was answered someone else, but does MakeMKV work with DeUHD? I downloaded DeUHD because I couldn't find a key for Wonder Woman. DeUHD decrypted the disc (MKV was able to read the disk and i was able to select the titles) but MakeMKV fails to save the file. It gets about 4gigs through the files. Throws and error, crashes, and become unresponsive. Is this because i'm using the trial version of DeUHD?
andcbii wrote:Took me a little while to figure out why i couldn't post this.... Here is the error log
I don't see anything here that us commoners can interpret, although if anyone else has an idea, please chime in :)

My only guess is that DeUHD and MakeMKV aren't playing nice together. Best to send the log to support@makemkv.com and also use MakeMKV without running DeUHD in order to get the AACS dump and send that along as well.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

I believe that the DeUHD trial only decrypts 8-10 minutes of the main movie. Thus after a short time, MakeMKV spits out the error as the UHD disc is not decrypted.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Pheran

Post by Pheran »

I just got my Asus BW-16D1HT installed and appears to read my UHD discs just fine, though unfortunately the 3 discs I have (Fate of the Furious, Fantastic Beasts, and Wonder Woman) don't appear to have any leaked keys yet. Still, this is definitely progress, I want UHD on my Plex server!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Low Winter Sun

Post by Low Winter Sun »

Pheran wrote:I just got my Asus BW-16D1HT installed and appears to read my UHD discs just fine, though unfortunately the 3 discs I have (Fate of the Furious, Fantastic Beasts, and Wonder Woman) don't appear to have any leaked keys yet. Still, this is definitely progress, I want UHD on my Plex server!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Submit your SVQ dumps to Mike from your UHD disks. I submitted 4 last week, and this week the keys were released and I have backed them all up.
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

I've done the same thing for mine. :wink:
roblrobl

Post by roblrobl »

Hi Mike and Others,

Does something still need to be done within MakeMKV to allow or pass through Dolby Atmos audio? Here's what I see:
  • I'm using the Star Trek, Into Darkness UHD/4k disk. IT has HDR (hdr10?) and Dolby Atmos.
  • I perform a full disk backup (57.1GB) and then create a single .mkv file in it with everything selected (52.1GB). Any idea on why the .mkv is smaller?
  • When I open the disk backup with MakeMKV, the best audio shown is TrueHD Surround 7.1 English. When I play the .mkv file using roku/plex on my main TV/amp, the amp agrees. It's "Dolby+ 7.1 surround" or 7.2.0 and not 7.2.4. The ceiling speakers are not firing.
  • Another poster claimed Dolby Atmos was perhaps mislabeled at the 7.1 stream. It doesn't seem this way to me. From what I understand, Atmos and DTS:X are both object based methods, like PC audio, where various streams have positional information, and then the stereo mixes them all to the appropriate speakers. This is quite different than the 1 speaker = 1 audio stream approach.
  • Also, for the Video steam showing up as MpegH, is there any way we can get more definition on this in a future version of MakeMKV? Perhaps something that shows if it is non-hdr, hrd10, dolby vision, etc. It seems that 4k bluray players are able disregard the hdr info, and some of our PC tools don't understand them yet. Would it be possible to see them as different video streams? (such as 4k non-hdr, vs 4k hdr10?) Or an option to strip out the HDR metadata?
Thanks for any help!
preserve

Post by preserve »

I'll answer the easy question :) The MKV is smaller than the full disc backup because there are more files on the disc than just the movie's video and audio. Besides technical stuff such as playlists and other authoring data, there is video for any menus, disclaimers, studio logos, copyright notices, etc. If the UHD is going to go to multiple regions, it may also have all of those things in multiple languages. Depending on the UHD, there could also be trailers or other promotional material.