"Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Lovely Rita

Re: "Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Post by Lovely Rita »

I have been sending Mike files periodically and asked him, recently, (1) if they were still helpful and (2) should I continue.
"Yes" was his reply.

I know of three discs that I have that still do not trigger java to list the "FPL_MainFeture".

Stronger
Patriots Day
Deepwater Horizon

So, I would say it's still a work in progress. :wink:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
bunk3m

Post by bunk3m »

I would like to submit some problem discs but the instructions are not detailed enough for me to do the first step ie. make a backup encrypted or not.

I've tried to make a backup of the disc, but the backup option in File:Backup is greyed out.

Could you perhaps provide some more detailed instructions for those of us who are less technically adept?

Thanks.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Don't "open" the disc as you normally would if you were going to rip it. After launching MakeMKV and inserting the disc, use the Backup function before you do anything else.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
bunk3m

Post by bunk3m »

preserve wrote:Don't "open" the disc as you normally would if you were going to rip it. After launching MakeMKV and inserting the disc, use the Backup function before you do anything else.
I'm still struggling with this. I'm on a Mac but please don't hold that against me.
If you put any disc in the drive, it will mount.
I open MakeMKV and it finds the drive and disc. The File menu only shows Open Files, Open Disc and Eject Disc. Backup is still greyed out.
When I unmount the disc and start MakeMKV, it finds the drive and disc and still has only Open Files, Open Disc and Eject Disc. No Backup available.
So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your patience.
preserve

Post by preserve »

MakeMKV's backup function works with Blu-rays and UHDs, but not with DVDs.

You're in the Blu-ray subforum at the moment, but I have to ask, are you trying this on a DVD?

I imagine it's the same as the File menu situation, but is the second icon from the top left also greyed out? The icon is a yellow folder with a green arrow pointing into it, and if you hover over it with the mouse, the tooltip says "Backup"
bunk3m

Post by bunk3m »

Ah, I see. I didn't realize it was only BluRay and UHD. That would probably explain why it's greyed out.

My apologies on posting in the BluRay forum. I was searching for help with the screwed up playlist and this is where I ended up. I gave up on the John Wick 2 BluRay and tried the included DVD. The weird thing was that the actual movie (DVD) is Title set 20 with title 29, MakeMKV found title 29 but didn't put it into the list of options. In the end I just wanted a version to put on my Plex.

I'll have to check again and see if I can backup a BluRay.

Thanks for your help.
preserve

Post by preserve »

If you need help with a specific movie, the best thing to do is:

1) Search the appropriate forum - Blu-ray, DVD or UHD - for the movie title. If you find a thread, someone may have already solved your problem. If you have a different problem, add to the existing thread.

2) If there's no thread for that movie in the appropriate forum, make a new thread and use the title of the movie for the thread subject. That way, anyone who has that movie is more likely to notice your thread and help you, plus it makes it possible for anyone else with the same problem to find that thread in the future.

And when you post, the more details, the better! Screenshots of what you're seeing or console/debug logs at least allow us to partially see what you're seeing, in case we don't have that disc.
garzjoe

Post by garzjoe »

Lovely Rita wrote:I have been sending Mike files periodically and asked him, recently, (1) if they were still helpful and (2) should I continue.
"Yes" was his reply.

I know of three discs that I have that still do not trigger java to list the "FPL_MainFeture".

Stronger
Patriots Day
Deepwater Horizon

So, I would say it's still a work in progress. :wink:
Yeah I just came across Patriot's day myself. I wonder if I should submit this or if you have already done that?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

garzjoe wrote: Yeah I just came across Patriot's day myself. I wonder if I should submit this or if you have already done that?
I submitted it some time ago.
Buy MakeMKV
knut123

Post by knut123 »

I have trouble with Broen season 4 bluray.
britb4usa

Post by britb4usa »

I have seen the feature work a few times but also note that often I do not get the auto playlist detected. Right now I am not seeing it on Backstabbing for Beginners. Do we still need to send these in and can we get any news on the feature? I did note that someone showed a screenshot for a different movie where they did get the main playlist identified but on my PC I didn't, so could this be a java version issue?

Thanks!
dellato

Post by dellato »

Hi!
I'm copying my collection for use with Plex. So far haven't run in any trouble with fake playlist protection *except* the three Blu-rays of (Dutch edition) 'Gomorra'. The third (and last) disc of Series one and all (three) discs of Series Two and Three produce nothing but useless entries.
I've sent a backup file as requested to the admin. I hope it arrived, as I didn't hear anything back. I forgot to mention in the mail I'm using the very last MakeMKV version.
These 3 discs were the only hiccup. Hundreds of others worked fine. So, not a bad record for MakeMKV. :-) Many, many thanks for this great piece of software !
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Is it expected that Mike wants compressed files that are 10+ GB? I have a backup where there's, among others, a folder full of .bin files, taking up ~15GB.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

T'hain Esh Kelch wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:28 pm
Is it expected that Mike wants compressed files that are 10+ GB? I have a backup where there's, among others, a folder full of .bin files, taking up ~15GB.
Sounds like you might be compressing the whole rip BEFORE removing the STREAM folder. :wink:

From the first post in this topic:
mike wrote:- Delete (or move to some other location) two folders from the backup - STREAM and BDSVM. Alternatively delete all M2TS, SSIF and SVM files.
Buy MakeMKV
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

No, not at all. An example:

Code: Select all

AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE
 |-BDMV (15.72 GB)
 |-CERTIFICATE (8 KB)
    |-app.discroot.crt (867 b)
    |-BACKUP
       |-app.discroot.crt (867 b)
       |-id.bdmv (104 b)
    |-id.bdmv (104 b)
 |-MAKEMKV (21.09 GB)
    |-AACS (7.7 MB)
           |- Content000.cer (384 b)
           |- ContentHash000.tbl (639 b)
           |- ContentRevocation.lst (1 MB)
           |- CPSUnit00001.cci (2 KB)
           |- DUPLICATE (3.9 MB)
           	|-Contains a copy of its parent folder.
           |- mcmf.xml 374 b)
           |- MKB_RO.inf (1 MB)
           |- MKB_RW.inf (1 MB)
           |- Unit_Key_RO.inf (66 b)
    |-BIN (21.08 GB)
           |-45.932 "#####.bin" files, from 4.3 MB to 2 KB
    |-CMAP (624 b)
           |-39 "#####.cmap" files, a few bytes each
    |-discattd.dat (265 b)
    |-MEXT (2.1 MB)
           |-BDMV
                |-JAR
                      |-294 "#####" folders, each containing a single "aaaaa.aaa" (Where 'a' may be any character) file a few bytes each

I have another backup of Mockingjay Part 1, and of a couple of American Gods Blu-rays, and they are quite similar, except they all lack the BIN and MEXT folders. What is it I am misunderstanding here?