Evaluation period has expired - won't open discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
B17NNS

Evaluation period has expired - won't open discs

Post by B17NNS »

I'm getting the message: "Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restrictions."

"Using direct disc access mode
Evaluation period has expired, shareware functionality unavailable.
Failed to open disc
Using direct disc access mode"

I can't for the life of me see where I can purchase this code. Also what is the free functionally I am allowed to continue to use?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 12.21.15.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 12.21.15.png (170.18 KiB) Viewed 17079 times
d00zah

Re: Evaluation period has expired - won't open discs

Post by d00zah »

Help > Purchase to buy.

Or wait for the beta key (see sig) to be updated ~ every 2 months.
B17NNS

Post by B17NNS »

Thankyou. Looks like it expired yesterday.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Temporary fix is to set your system date back to before it expired, start MakeMKV, then reset your date. No need to screw around with the time.

But yes, buying definitely removes the scramble every 60 days. I don't even keep track of when the expiration on the beta is anymore, because I know a lot of people will remind me if Mike hasn't updated the beta key yet. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

Woodstock wrote:Temporary fix is to set your system date back to before it expired, start MakeMKV, then reset your date. No need to screw around with the time.

But yes, buying definitely removes the scramble every 60 days. I don't even keep track of when the expiration on the beta is anymore, because I know a lot of people will remind me if Mike hasn't updated the beta key yet. :)
Or help support the effort.
Last edited by xmenw on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deano86

Post by Deano86 »

It boggles my mind that after using this amazing software just for a day, that you wouldn't purchase it immediately! Support the effort indeed!!
rivey

Post by rivey »

Deano86 wrote:It boggles my mind that after using this amazing software just for a day, that you wouldn't purchase it immediately! Support the effort indeed!!
I agree with you. After I tried the program for about a week, I purchased the license and have been using it ever since with no problems. And as a side note, I don't use Redbox or any other rental service. If I want a movie, I buy it and then rip it to my own server. It is the right thing to do.