Possible to have MakeMKV see Virtual CloneDrive as friendly?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
bobross

Possible to have MakeMKV see Virtual CloneDrive as friendly?

Post by bobross »

Been trying to rip a UHD ISO but it's not working. Here were my steps:

1. Ripped to ISO with protection using AnyDVD from friendly ASUS drive
2. Mount file with virtual CloneDrive
3. Added correct key to .MakeMKV DIR (making sure to point there in MakeMKV too).
4. Always get this error -"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc".

Is this an issue with my ISO or the fact that MakeMKV is having trouble with Virtual CloneDrive?
st4evr

Re: Possible to have MakeMKV see Virtual CloneDrive as frien

Post by st4evr »

1. Why not just decrypt it straight from the physical disc using MakeMKV and dump the disc contents? You are taking all these extra unnecessary steps. But anyways....

2. Make sure the hash key file is in the PROPER location. READ this FAQ CAREFULLY:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... der#p58855

Then try again

3. The error is telling you exactly why it can’t decrypt the disc. It does NOT see the proper key to decrypt the disc. You either have placed the key file in the wrong location or the disc is not yet supported. If you can confirm that the key file is in fact in the correct location as required by MakeMKV to decrypt UHD discs, then submit the dump generated to Mike by following the instructions in the aforementioned FAQ link on how to submit these data dumps.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Additionally, why bother mounting the ISO file? Have MakeMKV open it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

Woodstock wrote:Additionally, why bother mounting the ISO file? Have MakeMKV open it.
It should work either way though. I've done it both ways without issues. Although I had Any DVD HD decrypt it before using MakeMKV.
63TB unRAID1-49TB unRAID2-76TB unRAID3-56TB unRAID4-50TB unRAID5-50TB unRAID6-56TB unRAID7