Harry Potter 8 movie Collection 4K Discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
keithl

Harry Potter 8 movie Collection 4K Discs

Post by keithl »

So I could not resist the Harry Potter 8 movie 4K Disc set on Prime day for $72. I am not a huge fan, but figured in 4K HDR I am bettering they look great. Oddly even with the latest keys_hased.txt file so far the first 2 movies it can not decrypt and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban seems fine and is ripping now. Once I make it through all 8 movies I will send any dump files to their email and post here what I found, but just thought it odd. I am cautiously building my 4K collection as I don;t want to invest in discs if I can't rip them since I hate having to dig out discs and load them in my player. Would rather stream on demand form my NAS.
Kerwin

Re: Harry Potter 8 movie Collection 4K Discs

Post by Kerwin »

I couldn't resist the deal either. I had no issues backing up and ripping the first two movies. Hopefully my luck holds with the remaining six.
xmenw

Post by xmenw »

I was able to rip my collection. Got it around launch, bunch of them are triple layer discs, so ensure they are clean.
keithl

Post by keithl »

Can't explain it then first 2 say no key, rest are all fine and ripped fine. Send the dumps and hopefully they will update keys. I may contact Amazon say first 2 are bad and hope the replacement box set they send is fine.
obsidian1200

Post by obsidian1200 »

I've ran into the same issue, first 2 films report no key when using the latest hashed_keys file, but the rest seem to be going okay. I also sent my dumps in just in case they're not the same keys, though the situation appears to be the same.
TerminatioN

Post by TerminatioN »

obsidian1200 wrote:I've ran into the same issue, first 2 films report no key when using the latest hashed_keys file, but the rest seem to be going okay. I also sent my dumps in just in case they're not the same keys, though the situation appears to be the same.
Same here. First 2 won't decrypt, all the rest work fine. I sent my dumps as well.
keithl

Post by keithl »

Glad I am not alone, will just wait on keys, too bad as I wanted to start watching them, but will wait now.
obsidian1200

Post by obsidian1200 »

The new keys file now decrypts the first 2 movies for me (7/20). Hopefully everyone else is all set too.
keithl

Post by keithl »

Yup saw that, that was fast, ripping as I type this. Have to love their support. I hope everyone is paying for this product, well worth every penny.
TerminatioN

Post by TerminatioN »

Same here. All good now. Mike is the best.
EE_Tech117

Post by EE_Tech117 »

I also bought the Prime Day deal of the Harry Potter movies, I cannot open movies 2, 6, or 7. All of the others are fine.
Metallikahn

Post by Metallikahn »

Same here on 2, 6, and 7.

I just updated the hashed key list for 8-13 to get Infinity Wars. I'll try these again and send a dump if they're still a no go.
Metallikahn

Post by Metallikahn »

Ok, All are opening and ripping for me now! Interesting to note that Chamber of Secrets was the most difficult. Currently on my 3rd attempt to rip after it finally opened. Had read errors the first 2 times. Looked the disc over and it had one barely noticeable smudge (had to be held at the perfect angle to see it). Odd since it went direct from shrink wrap to drive and I'm always really careful about not touching anything but the edges. Oh well. Whats really ironic is that this is the third format I've owned this particular movie on and it was a PITA to rip Every. Single. Time! Probably my least favorite film out of the series in no small part due to the hours spent trying to put it on my server in a working file format. LOL
rivey

Post by rivey »

Metallikahn wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:59 pm
Looked the disc over and it had one barely noticeable smudge (had to be held at the perfect angle to see it). Odd since it went direct from shrink wrap to drive and I'm always really careful about not touching anything but the edges.
This is why it is recommended that EVERY disc be cleaned before ripping, even new out of the case. I recommend a 50/50 mixture of water and rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) and be sure to use a clean microfiber cloth. Solves a world of problems. Good luck.
BLUNGLD

Post by BLUNGLD »

Hi Guys, somewhat different topic, but same set of disks. Every time I make an mkv out of disk 1 (Sorcerer's Stone, 4K disk) I get narration in the resulting file...basically spoken subtitles. Below is a screen shot of the title list and the selections I made. I also tried unselecting everything other than the Title/Video and the DTS-HD audio track, but still got narration. No other title seems large enough to be the whole movie, so not sure what to try next. Relatively new to this so hoping it some newbie thing that is simple to correct. Any ideas? Thx!
Potter 1 Title List.JPG
Potter 1 Title List.JPG (87.64 KiB) Viewed 30770 times